Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As in title, I installed the PCV and took my bike to get tuned. Feels way more responsive, especially gear changes and uphill! The only issue is that there's a huge wall being hit when the ECU tells it to suddenly and drastically decelerate. My dyno guy told me he would just flash it to get around the issue, but when he tried to connect he was unable to. Anybody else have experience with this type of issue?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Probably he is talking about rev limiter. Currently i have same behavior, ca 1000rpm before limiter bike looses power.
Most noticeable when hardly accelerating with 2nd gear to limiter, > 100kmh ok after it 100 - 120 looses power.

·
Registered
553 Posts
As regards rev limit with the pcv you can increase by 400rpm, you can connect your laptop to pcv easy, your bike may not make any more power up there but if you often hit the rpm limiter it gives you a little more time to change up before hitting that wall just when you least need it.
Not sure anyone has beaten the bobber speed limiter yet, I have looked into a few options even tried an ecu from a TTR but they have sneaky safeguards & the ecu knows it is not on the correct bike.
I am going to try messing with the gear sensor, but I am sceptical about results I think the limiter is linked to wheel rotation/abs ring so not sure what gear it thinks it is in will make a difference, but I have to try.
I do think someone will bust into the then we can have 130+mph Bobbers, the sooner the better because it is annoying being robbed of power just when things are getting interesting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts