Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using the PC Racing FLO reusable oil filter on their Bobber? I like to change my engine oil annually and want a reusable filter but the appeal of the FLO is the better flow and screening features. I looked at the application chart on PC Racing’s website but didn’t see any bikes with the Triumph 1200 engine. Can anyone confirm that the filter (#PCS1) is compatible with the Bobber?

·
Registered
505 Posts
I used a reusable oil filter on 4 stroke motocross race bikes where we changed the oil nearly every ride.

In an application such as this, I would never waste the time and mess involved to fool with one. Oil filters are cheap and oil changes aren’t a frequent thing.

That’s just my opinion though. I guess you are being more “green” if you use one.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, found the same filter at denniskirk.com and it says it’s also a replacement for the oem filter T1210444 which we use for the bobber. The T1218001 is the new part no. Hope this helps.
Many thanks! I’m going to give it a shot at my next oil change along with Motul 300V 10/40.

·
Registered
712 Posts
MX429 makes a ton of sense. I mean what’s the point? Engineers specify filters with plenty of safety factor regarding flow since idiots often don’t respect service intervals. Doing this could potentially turn into a warranty violation too unless you’re willing to lie about if/when the engine gets damaged.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I mean what’s the point? ... Doing this could potentially turn into a warranty violation too unless you’re willing to lie about if/when the engine gets damaged.
You’re right Gary, makes absolutely no sense. [email protected] my curiosity! Good thing I’m a big boy and if I break it then I’ll own it. Just as with an ECU remap, gearing changes, exhaust mods, custom wheels, ...

·
Registered
712 Posts
No judgment here. I've done things to motorcycles way more foolish than this.

Nobody ever warned me though, LOL. (OK, a few times people warned me but I just took that as extra motivation!)

-GPz/Gary

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No offense taken... just a little ribbing. LOL. I’ve messed with most of the bigger ticket items I wanted so now I’m screwing around with the smaller stuff. You wouldn’t believe the time I’ve spent looking into stock air filter alternatives.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts