Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
The more I think about it the more I think that the Blue Ridge Parkway is a perfect place to ride a Bobber. Beautiful scenery. Smooth, flowing road (for he most part). Places to make rest stops.

In my younger days I didn't ride the Parkway very much because I was likely to get a ticket. I couldn't hold a Ducati down to speed. Now the speed limit would be just about perfect for a Bobber. Oh my. I'm starting to talk like a cruiser rider. :|

·
Registered
509 Posts
In my younger days I didn't ride the Parkway very much because I was likely to get a ticket. I couldn't hold a Ducati down to speed. Now the speed limit would be just about perfect for a Bobber. Oh my. I'm starting to talk like a cruiser rider. :|
Talking like them is one thing , developing "cruiser face" (the , I'm always angry look) is something else altogether. :smile2:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Talking like them is one thing , developing "cruiser face" (the , I'm always angry look) is something else altogether. :smile2:
I think "cruiser face" comes from wearing a beanie helmet and getting wind blown in your face. I wear a full face helmet. :laugh:

I was riding a sport bike on the parkway. I passed a dozen Harley riders. They all gave me the finger as I passed. :|

·
Registered
233 Posts
I was riding a sport bike on the parkway. I passed a dozen Harley riders. They all gave me the finger as I passed. :|

You spoiled their day I guess...HD riders feel superior to other riders, well most of them do.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The more I think about it the more I think that the Blue Ridge Parkway is a perfect place to ride a Bobber. Beautiful scenery. Smooth, flowing road (for he most part). Places to make rest stops.

I'm only 27 and just enjoy the peace you get from riding up there. I usually go up a good ways and stop at one of the scenic overlooks and just take it all in. Extremely quiet, beautiful views and just flat out relaxing.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I'm only 27 and just enjoy the peace you get from riding up there. I usually go up a good ways and stop at one of the scenic overlooks and just take it all in. Extremely quiet, beautiful views and just flat out relaxing.
Know the feeling having ridden there a few times. One of the best memories, though, was riding the Cherahala Skyway connecting Tennessee to N.C. Beautiful road with long sweeping turns and incredible vistas. Truly memorable.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Know the feeling having ridden there a few times. One of the best memories, though, was riding the Cherahala Skyway connecting Tennessee to N.C. Beautiful road with long sweeping turns and incredible vistas. Truly memorable.
Cherohala Skyway is fantastic! I agree. It is a little more "high speed" with more sweeping turns than the Blue Ridge Parkway.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
And it is cool up there too (temperature wise). Right now where I'm located in N.C. it is about 95º with the heat index. :frown2: It is much cooler in the mountains.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And it is cool up there too (temperature wise). Right now where I'm located in N.C. it is about 95º with the heat index. :frown2: It is much cooler in the mountains.
It's a little cooler up there. Been in the mid 80's here all week. But you sure do feel the temperature difference when you get up there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Beautiful Vistas for sure. I am envious that you are so close to such great riding.

Tomahawk90, I notice there is "Wheels Through Time" Motorcycle Museum east of Maggie Valley. Do you know if that is worth a stop if I happen to get by that way next time I am up in NW NC?

I was working in Alexander, NC a few weeks ago. But that was when you guys had all that extra rain from remnants of TS Alberto, so no riding then anyway.

Thanks for the post.
Mark

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
We’re you riding the same direction? Maybe they didn’t like being passed. :surprise:
Of course, they should be used to that now. :grin2: and get over it.
Yes, we were going in the same direction. :| No, they did not like being passed. :|

By the way, I have nothing against the average Harley rider. Some of my best friends are Harley riders.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts