Triumph Bobber Forum banner

81 - 100 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Hey! I think I know where the mate to that sucker lives..
There is one of those in West Mineral, Kansas and another in the Hambach strip mine in Germany. The one in Kansas is called Big Brutus and is the world's largest electric shovel. I have never ridden a bike to Big Brutus but I did fly over it in a helicopter. :laugh:

The above shots are certainly "parking with presence". >:)

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Big Digger = Big Hole..!

I guess if we are looking at big diggers a big hole is in order...:grin2:

A few pics from my last weekends ride to the Grand Canyon. Tweaked them to black and white for somewhat or a retro look.

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
There is one of those in West Mineral, Kansas and another in the Hambach strip mine in Germany. The one in Kansas is called Big Brutus and is the world's largest electric shovel. I have never ridden a bike to Big Brutus but I did fly over it in a helicopter. :laugh:

I know exactly where it is. I came into this world not far from there in Parsons KS!! Some good fishing spots in the old stip pits in KS, OK and MO.

·
Registered
719 Posts

I think I've seen the "Big Brutus" one on T.V. on one of those Mega Machine, or Monster machine shows, that one is big!

This one is about 20 miles-ish from where I live. I've lived he almost 10 years and thats the first picture I've take at it. :laugh:

There is also a bucket wheel next to it (you can see the tail end of it the picture) it just as impressive I think, but just doesn't pack the same "WoW" factor :wink2:

81 - 100 of 148 Posts