Triumph Bobber Forum banner

381 - 400 of 422 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
It is a rack from Squaredeals.
I changed the suction cups which were big and of poor quality.
I replaced them with small industrial suction cups with a diameter of 30mm, very translucent and with great grip power. (French made).
The attachment of the suction cups is slightly mobile which ensures a complience.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yes I designed a support that I had made in stainless steel and which is practically invisible.
Both the bottle and the underside of the seat were painted in the color of the tank.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
It was a barmy 11degrees here today, so I decided to head out for my first ride of the year. After what seems like an awfully long winter it was great to be back on the bike. Most of the salt around here has gone but the backroads are still covered in crap! Nevertheless I still managed to park with presence, and it was great to see my newly painted tyres out in the wild for the first time.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It was a barmy 11degrees here today, so I decided to head out for my first ride of the year. After what seems like an awfully long winter it was great to be back on the bike. Most of the salt around here has gone but the backroads are still covered in crap! Nevertheless I still managed to park with presence, and it was great to see my newly painted tyres out in the wild for the first time.
View attachment 48164
That looks super familiar - you on the A6 there?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I bet that's less than 20 from mine
Awesome, we’ve been talking about a Midlands Sunday meet up/ride in to the Triumph cafe at Hinckley since before COVID, if this madness ever ends we’ll have to make sure we do it this year! Failing that I hope to see you in Matlock Bath sometime.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
View attachment 48164 View attachment 48165
Super job. Exactly what marker or paint did you use?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Super job. Exactly what marker or paint did you use?
The marker is by Liquitex but it’s nothing special it’s just one I picked up off Amazon.

Like all these pens the nib is spring loaded and it takes a letter or two before the paint starts properly following. The pen also has a ball barring inside to help thin the paint so remember to shake it well at the start and throughout it’ll make the job much easier.

But it’s not a difficult thing to do it just take patience. I ended up giving mine three coats, I could of probably gotten away with two but when a bikes just sat there over winter you think maybe I’ll just touch up a letter and before you know it you’ve done the whole wheel!

Another tip - craft knives and razor blades are great for scrapping off your mistakes when you go outside the lines.

Good luck 🤞

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I tried an experiment on an old tire. Cleaned the letter with alcohol, (not the drinking kind) then applied "wite-out" or correction fluid. The bottle comes with an applicator. looks great. After ten minutes it was dry. I tried to wipe it off with a wet towel and nothing came off. Sometimes simple works best and it's inexpensive. Just needed one coat.

Chico

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
To be fair tyre paint is very much like the ole tipex. Will always need a bit of touching up after a while.

Just need something rubbery

381 - 400 of 422 Posts