Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry about the dumb question.......where to do you guys put the Paperwork/Registration if no side bag installed.Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Before I had my swing arm bag, I carried it in my jacket pocket.
Was a PITA, hence the swingarm bag...

·
Registered
696 Posts
Sorry about the dumb question.......where to do you guys put the Paperwork/Registration if no side bag installed.Thank you.
Fortunately in the UK we don’t have to carry paperwork so it’s not an issue for us, and as a foreigner it seems so last Century that in the Land of the Free you need to carry a piece of paper around to prove that the bike’s yours :surprise:

In an age of having your credit card on you phone can’t you do it electronically, there must be a phone App for this surely? :wink2:

·
Registered
119 Posts
In a ziplock bag then in the fork bag .

·
Registered
348 Posts
don't know how large the registration paper(s) are where you live. in california, our registration and also proof of insurance paper cards are just a little larger than the size of a business card. small enough to easiliy fold up and keep in your wallet at all times.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you very much everyone, liked the idea: "ziplock bag and taped to the inside of the side cover! "I was able to pull out the right side panel easily, is the left the same way attached? pulling it from the bottom like the other side and it's not coming out, i'm trying not to break it..........In the US the police can get all the info(registered/insurance/etc) just by typing in the license plate number, I don't think they will ticket you if don't have it, not sure......, but required to have it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Both side covers are removed the same way. After you get them both off, use a little waterproof grease on the grommets for easier removal naxt time. Just a little, enough to coat the inside of the grommet.

Here in Texas we are required to carry a proof of insurance card and it is "recommended" that we carry the inspection sheet as well.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I’m in Texas and most of the time I carry nothing. We have instant check (insurance) by running the plate but most still ask for insurance. I am always current on my insurance and tags but I am usually a dead beat and don’t have it with me. I should be more responsible.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
I always take a cell phone pic of my vehicle registration and proof of insurance, so I'm never caught without it. A wallet card works too, but I'm never without my phone, so it's always a sure thing.

·
Registered
224 Posts
different in Germany you need to carry the registration paper with you it's folded twice and then slightly larger than a credit card. I always have copies with me which is not exactly within the law but so far no police officer complained about this. Because of the size the paper fits in my wallet (I carry four of them with me all the time: Bobber, Tiger 800, Car and Trailer)

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
For once I'm happy living in the UK, no requirement to carry any paperwork or even a licence with you when driving/riding, however considering the amount of electronic surveillance on us on this teeny island they know who you are, where you live and what you do before they ever pull you over!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you very much everyone and thank you Bikerdib for the waterproof grease idea, I will attempt to pull out the cover side panel again tonight.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts