Triumph Bobber Forum banner

Pannier bags

36K views 33 replies 20 participants last post by  Craighew 
#1 ·
Anybody have the Triumph pannier bags? I've see plenty of pics of the swing arm bag but don't recall seeing any of the larger panniers. Post pics if you got 'em please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
They look pretty good. Enough space for a few things but not massive. Waterproofs, a change of clothes for a weekend away and that would be it.

They will leave a chrome carrier when taken off though.

Not the best photo, taken on my phone. I'll try and get some photos of the inside and the bag taken off with my camera when I get a minute.

only got the one.

#4 ·
No they're olive. It's just bad colour on the phone camera.

They are quite dark but not as dark as the photo. The red tank looks almost black too just as an indication.

I'll try and get some better shots with a proper camera in better light this week.

They do look good though.

#13 ·
Hi Mark, I collect my Morello Bobber in a couple of weeks and looking at panniers. Are yours black or olive? Just trying to decide which is the best colour to match for the bike and as my seat is black thought black would go best? I agree with the idea of having the frame powder coated black, don't know why they come silver.

#21 ·
Just got my panniers, black, and I just plastic dipped the brackets black so they would blend in. As with most I don't plan on rocking bags all the time just on the occasion.

Taking the brackets on and off is going to get old really fast which is why I went the plastidip route. Maybe I'll get them PC'ed one day when I have more stuff to coat. Otherwise this works great for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#23 ·
Just got my panniers, black, and I just plastic dipped the brackets black so they would blend in. As with most I don't plan on rocking bags all the time just on the occasion.

Taking the brackets on and off is going to get old really fast which is why I went the plastidip route. Maybe I'll get them PC'ed one day when I have more stuff to coat. Otherwise this works great for now.

@BearJu:
You know that you can paint over the plastidip? It will work out pretty fine and feels like a PC'ed item.
And it is still removable - not as easy as with just the PlastiDip, but it is. Get yourself a framepaint (Simmoniz Though Paint or something like that) and give it a light coat, wait to dry, then 3 to 4 heavy coats. And wait at least for two days do cure it before reinstalling. Paint will combine with the rubber and give you a nice finish thats not as though as PC but will last 20times longer then the PlastiDip.

For easier & faster installation, I made a slit out of the hole from the bottom mount, so just loosen the screw, slide it over and fix it with the top mount. As the weight pulls toward the ground (thanks to Newton!:wink2:), this is a deadproof solution.

Dan

#22 ·
Hi guys. Looking for panniers too, but probably in leather, I've seen some nice offers outside of triumph official dealers. Can anyone add pics of how the panniers get fixed on the brackets? Trying to understand if I can adapt other models there. Do you know if the brackets are available on their own? Thanks !

#24 ·
I've just asked the dealer to delete the bags from my Speedmaster order. Not unusually they obstruct the passenger peg - a lot (only 2-3" between the font of the bag and the peg)- aren't lockable, and are very pricey (£470 for bags and bars). Held real leather are £200 cheaper than that, and can be fitted further back

#28 ·
At first I plastidipped but they didn’t hold very well. Between sliding the bags on and off and then moving around a bit with the vibration from riding it was peeling pretty easily and started looking like crap. I had a couple other parts I wanted to get powder coated black so I just brought all of it in at once with those and had them powder coated. Holding up great now and being black they blend much nicer. I have the slits as well for the bottom bolt so I can take them off very easily but I haven’t taken them off yet. You barely notice them now that they’re black.

2017 Triumph Bobber NYC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.