Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a bit of rust forming on the front of my exhaust headers so figured this weekend was a good time to give my exhaust system a coat of ceramic high temp paint.

Saturday morning I removed both exhaust systems and got to work sanding them down using a steel brush and sandpaper. Put the first coat on Saturday afternoon and then left them to dry properly overnight.

Second coat Sunday morning and then started reassembling everything. I was as careful with reassembly as I could be but the process caused a few marks so where these occurred I covered up the surrounding area and touched up around the mark with more paint. After everything was back together I ran the bike off and on for about an hour to cure the coating and took the bike for a 30 minute ride.

Before and after pictures below. I think it looks better and is hopefully better protected against rust and stains.

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Did you use primer first??....I did the same thing on my BMW R9T initially It looked good but didn't hold up to well , rock chips and just wear and tear took a lot of the paint of , ceramic coating Is the way to go . Hope you have better luck than I did . Looks good though .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts