Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was cleaning the bike yesterday, I noticed that on the left side header the finish has crazed slightly (on the top at the bend), and there is a small bit where the paint has flaked off (approx 2mm). Has anyone else had a problem with the finish on the headers? The other one appears fine. I've not used any abrasives, or polishes, or treated the one differently to the other.

I might pop it in to my dealer to check with them, but I'm also going to consider ceramic coating as that will be far cheaper than replacing them should warranty not cover it.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
A number of folks on this forum have noted flacking, cracking and crazing on different parts of the bike. I think they have all taken their bikes in to have the problems looked at and/or fixed.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
As I was cleaning the bike yesterday, I noticed that on the left side header the finish has crazed slightly (on the top at the bend), and there is a small bit where the paint has flaked off (approx 2mm). Has anyone else had a problem with the finish on the headers? The other one appears fine. I've not used any abrasives, or polishes, or treated the one differently to the other.

I might pop it in to my dealer to check with them, but I'm also going to consider ceramic coating as that will be far cheaper than replacing them should warranty not cover it.
I had some paint fall off of the finned collar, where the manifold bolts to the head. The dealership ordered in a new part and replaced it under warrenty.

I wouldn’t accept anything less if I was you.

Best of luck,

Mike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts