Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
I am not familiar with any of the paddock stands and am in the market as well. Was looking at the Pit Bull ones...a little pricey but seem to have long lasting solid reviews.

Have you looked at the measurements needed for the Bobber and what the ones you are looking at offer?

I am hoping others respond to this, because of there are ones that are great but cheaper than the Pit Bulls, would like to know.....

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not familiar with any of the paddock stands and am in the market as well. Was looking at the Pit Bull ones...a little pricey but seem to have long lasting solid reviews.

Have you looked at the measurements needed for the Bobber and what the ones you are looking at offer?

I am hoping others respond to this, because of there are ones that are great but cheaper than the Pit Bulls, would like to know.....

I'm not sure of the size needed. How does one determine that?

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Got a paddock stand, the Pit Bull hybrid with detachable handle. Build quality is great, and it's easy to operate (first time was a little scary as have never used on before). The handle comes off and stores on the unit so that it's out of the way and not a tripping hazard. The sliding forks hook nicely underneath the bobbins. The brackets can be flipped over and have rubber arms that can be used on swing arms of other bikes. So one stand appears to be able to serve many diff bikes.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Got a paddock stand, the Pit Bull hybrid with detachable handle. Build quality is great, and it's easy to operate (first time was a little scary as have never used on before). The handle comes off and stores on the unit so that it's out of the way and not a tripping hazard. The sliding forks hook nicely underneath the bobbins. The brackets can be flipped over and have rubber arms that can be used on swing arms of other bikes. So one stand appears to be able to serve many diff bikes.
Congrats on the new stand.
Chain maintenance is about to become a WHOLE lot easier! :smile2:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Muenster:
It appears that there are several "Hybrid" stands. Would you mind posting the model number of the one you purchased?

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Thank you Sir!
No prob.

My stand is the Extended Removable Handle (FOO28AA-OOO) (Os may be 0s)....I recommend this as it does seem to add more leverage allowing for quicker, easier swifter motion.

I also wanted to mention that the bike is rock solid up on the stand. Zero complaints there.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No prob.

My stand is the Extended Removable Handle (FOO28AA-OOO) (Os may be 0s)....I recommend this as it does seem to add more leverage allowing for quicker, easier swifter motion.

I also wanted to mention that the bike is rock solid up on the stand. Zero complaints there.
Thank you,
I received mine last week and it works great. Never used a Paddock stand before and the first few times using it was scary. I found that placing a block of wood under the kick stand made it much easier the bike up on the stand.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Thank you,
I received mine last week and it works great. Never used a Paddock stand before and the first few times using it was scary. I found that placing a block of wood under the kick stand made it much easier the bike up on the stand.
Yeah 1st was hairy! Ill try the wood block tip. Thnx!

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Thank you,
Used the block under the kickstand on Friday and doing that does help a lot!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Used the block under the kickstand on Friday and doing that does help a lot!

Does the bike have to be absolutely vertical for the paddock stand to work or is it okay for it to lean 2 or 3 degrees with a block under the kickstand?

I want one but the idea of getting my wife to hold the bike up while I work the stand makes me nervous.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Does the bike have to be absolutely vertical for the paddock stand to work or is it okay for it to lean 2 or 3 degrees with a block under the kickstand?

I want one but the idea of getting my wife to hold the bike up while I work the stand makes me nervous.
A 2x4 block works perfectly. Slide it under the stand and there is still a slight lean, not straight up and down and is relatively stable. I'd only recommend doing it level ground though. I don't stand behind the bike, but to the stand side of the rear wheel and lean into the bar to lift. Sometimes us left hand on seat as a guide.

Once you have done it a couple times, you get very comfortable doing it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
For the folks that went with the pitbull stands, did you go with the pitbull spools as well? I noticed Triumph sells them for the Speedmaster, but not for the Bobber.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts