Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Has anyone in the UK got a paddock stand they could recommend, as it seems most go with the Pit Bull but don't think it is available here?

Also for the rear bobbins, daft question! How do you install them - is that a cap that can just be levered off so they screw in? I tried to lever one off but seemed pretty secure.

I think I'm going to go with these in silver:

Triumph Bobber Paddock Stand Bobbins Swing Arm Axle Nut Protector M8. Five Colour Options

Cheers,
Rob

·
Registered
347 Posts
My last bike was a CBR900 and the owner gave me a paddock stand with the cups for the swingarm. Before I bought the Bobber I picked up a pair of hooks and bobbins off Amazon. I think in hindsght the Triumph ones would have been better as they have more offset keeping the hooks from the swingarm bt it works ok its just a bit fiddly. There are plenty of paddock stands out there which will work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, thanks for the replies. The dealer has also replied and recommended Oxford too, so I'll go with that plus the Triumph black Bobbins which are £16.

Think I'll get the whole family to assist me first time when I lift my pride and joy :)

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Hi, thanks for the replies. The dealer has also replied and recommended Oxford too, so I'll go with that plus the Triumph black Bobbins which are £16.

Think I'll get the whole family to assist me first time when I lift my pride and joy :)
1st time lifting the bike with the paddock stand is hair raising. Another member suggested putting a small block under the kickstand to get the bike more upright as it makes it easier to lift rather than having to hold it. I tried it, and it definitely helps. Almost don't even need to support it with a hand.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi guys just after your thoughts on these
I reckon the rear stand will be ok but the front I?m not so sure ??
The last and only front stand I ever had was a micron head stock one which was very sketchy getting my old zx7 in the air !!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/361964107781

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi guys just after your thoughts on these
I reckon the rear stand will be ok but the front I?m not so sure ??
The last and only front stand I ever had was a micron head stock one which was very sketchy getting my old zx7 in the air !!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/361964107781
Decided to take a punt on these stands hopefully they will turn up tomorrow

Does or has anybody used This front type lifting points on there bobber ???
I?ll make a judgment on them when they arrive !! Might get the machine shop to make some more substantial ones whilst they do my seat mod !!

·
Registered
138 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts