Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
This problem is solved but I would like to post it here for future reference.
When I picked up my Bobber, I immediately noticed that it would back fire a lot. The demo bike was not the one I bought, my bike had 0 miles on the odometer. My dealer is 100 miles away from my house (I live in Texas, big state!!!) and as I continued to put the miles I kept getting concerned about riding a brand new bike home (for 100 miles) with such tremendous back fire (not only on deceleration but also with the throttle open at a steady speed). About 4 miles into the ride I decided to turn around and go back to the dealer. As I go back the engine light comes on!!! I am starting to wonder if I had bought a lemon instead of a Bobber. When I get to the dealer I left the bike running so the salesman and service guy could see the engine light ON. They apologized (like they should, it was a brand new bike afterall) and took the bike inside. Half hour later the service manager comes to talk to me and tells me the problem is fixed. I wonder what was such a problem on a brand new bike. He said, during assembly they connected the oxygen sensor wires wrong!!!
So I guess the engine computer got confused with the mixed signals threw the towel and the engine light came ON.
I went home with a brand new bike running now perfectly!!

So just keep in mind if something like this happens to your brand new bike!!
Cheers,

Luis

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi Guys
This problem is solved but I would like to post it here for future reference.
When I picked up my Bobber, I immediately noticed that it would back fire a lot. The demo bike was not the one I bought, my bike had 0 miles on the odometer. My dealer is 100 miles away from my house (I live in Texas, big state!!!) and as I continued to put the miles I kept getting concerned about riding a brand new bike home (for 100 miles) with such tremendous back fire (not only on deceleration but also with the throttle open at a steady speed). About 4 miles into the ride I decided to turn around and go back to the dealer. As I go back the engine light comes on!!! I am starting to wonder if I had bought a lemon instead of a Bobber. When I get to the dealer I left the bike running so the salesman and service guy could see the engine light ON. They apologized (like they should, it was a brand new bike afterall) and took the bike inside. Half hour later the service manager comes to talk to me and tells me the problem is fixed. I wonder what was such a problem on a brand new bike. He said, during assembly they connected the oxygen sensor wires wrong!!!
So I guess the engine computer got confused with the mixed signals threw the towel and the engine light came ON.
I went home with a brand new bike running now perfectly!!

So just keep in mind if something like this happens to your brand new bike!!
Cheers,

Luis

Glad they got you fixed. Where in Texas do you live? From West Texas myself. 300 miles to the nearest dealer for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts