Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gents,

So there are many Triumphs, espeically the newer models over the last few decades, that I am not familiar with but have often had a passing interest in. I had an old 1970's Bonnie back in the day but there are many other more modern models that I have absolutely no experience of, bikes like the Thunderbird or American for example, or even the older Speedmaster, just to name a few.

I was wondering if any of our members owned or still owned those Triumphs now out of production and would like to share their thoughts and experiences of these machines?

I for one would be fascinated to see and here any comments or experiences you have. Some of these bikes can occasionally be grabbed for a very reasonable price and who knows what any of us may come across on our travels and may be tempted, so some 'inside' information may be useful.

And don't forget lots of photos too..:grin2:

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Back in the early '80s my next door neighbor had an old T120. I drooled over that bike every day. He couldn't keep it running because he was a lousy mechanic but that didn't stop me from loving that bike. I wish I had one today. I would love to find one to restore.

Reactions: Roy

·
Registered
146 Posts
This is my 2006 T100. I purchased it when I turned 40 and rode it on the Bonneville Salt Flats at the BUB Speed trials in the Runwatchabrung class; she did 113 & change with a 17 MPH straight on headwind. I imbibed a bit too much the night before the run and did not get to track until late afternoon, by then the wind had kicked up. There is nothing like baking in the sun with a huge hangover waiting for your turn. I still own her and She handles like a bicycle!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts