Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Operation Blackout hath commenced!

Engine cases, sprocket cover, TPS and intake covers in black (Thats the easy bits, hard bits come after)

Attachments

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks awesome. What are the “hard bits” to come?
End cans and headers - the Verex system would solve my problem but with the customs charges it will hurt

·
Registered
78 Posts
Black chrome wheel spokes would be nice and hard:grin2:
Too bad bobber black don't have these.
I installed black chrome spokes to my BMW R35 and look **** nice, but a lot work.

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
Black chrome wheel spokes would be nice and hard:grin2:
Too bad bobber black don't have these.
I installed black chrome spokes to my BMW R35 and look **** nice, but a lot work.
I was thinking of this myself when cleaning the bike last night (well dusting it would be more correct:grin2:).

The entire wheel being high polish black would be nice and something I would consider down the road.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just deviated from all black with this, it's about 3-4 times heavier than the original and looks good on black! When i get rounf to polishing the tank ill post the result lol

Attachments

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok 90m in the garden today from 1700 to 1830 with factor 30 on and i still manage to burn, sod's law.

But the bike is clean, i used to swear by the muck off 'Miracle Shine' wax (I know, anything with the word miracle in it is often dubious) as it really does work but listening to the forums, folks have always harped on about menghiris, so thanks to Prime Day, i got a bottle.

Well the tank is like a black mirror now, I have to say that I am impressed!

Below are a couple of shots of the brass cap on the bike, Pixel 2 only so not too good a quality

Attachments

Reactions: ysoslo and eisen77

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
Hi Folks,

Nothing new to add to my project on this post. However I had my seat up for some maintenance today, so was able to take some better photos of the components (don't know the real name) that connect the suspension with the swing arm. Some time ago I had these powder coated and replace the original fittings with black ones. Thought I would share some images.

Cheerio,

Roy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts