Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been seeing a bunch of old school Bobbers on a Facebook Bobber Page,

So, I decided to try out the old school look.

Not sure if its working or not, but, I'm kinda diggin' it!

Might try putting the British Customs Drag Pipes back on..

If only I could lose that **** speedo!! :laugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did consider that actually, even had it situated there and had a good look. but,, think it still flows better where it is, just wish I could,, I don't know,, down size it somehow, make it less "pimple on the end of your nose" like...

I keep hoping some one will come up with a kit to relocate the guts of that behemoth and run the info from it via a small cable, to an old school small round style speedo, with the warning lights and such in it.

I have seen some for other bikes, mostly custom chopper builds, but they are using a lot less electronics.

Brian posted some time back, about moto trio doing something with motogadget gauges, but I'm coming up 0's for info on that. @Brian??

·
Registered
69 Posts
Very nice work, I see you removed the air box....did you make your own plate to cover up the fuse box & wiring? If so please explain...it looks nice!

·
Registered
364 Posts

OK I never flame any body's ride for the way It looks after all looks are very subjective right ? But this time I have to speak out . Relocating the speedo down there on the left ( or right ) looks Fu^&in terrible It just looks stupid like an after thought , I know we all like our machines to look different but that Is just [email protected]$d up not to mention darn right dangerous taking your eyes of the road for a couple of seconds to look down at your speedo Is just ridiculous I just hope that nobody has actually done It. . Flame me If you like I like a good argument ....Rant over . >:)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Been seeing a bunch of old school Bobbers on a Facebook Bobber Page,

So, I decided to try out the old school look.

Not sure if its working or not, but, I'm kinda diggin' it!

Might try putting the British Customs Drag Pipes back on..

If only I could lose that **** speedo!! :laugh:
GBN,
Can you post more info on the seat and bag?

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
OK I never flame any body's ride for the way It looks after all looks are very subjective right ? But this time I have to speak out . Relocating the speedo down there on the left ( or right ) looks Fu^&in terrible It just looks stupid like an after thought , I know we all like our machines to look different but that Is just [email protected]$d up not to mention darn right dangerous taking your eyes of the road for a couple of seconds to look down at your speedo Is just ridiculous I just hope that nobody has actually done It. . Flame me If you like I like agood argument ....Rant over . >:)

I can’t say it’s something I would do either, however I’m glad the mod is out there and someone, somewhere is going to do and enjoy it. And I think that’s great.

·
Registered
544 Posts
OK I never flame any body's ride for the way It looks after all looks are very subjective right ? But this time I have to speak out . Relocating the speedo down there on the left ( or right ) looks Fu^&in terrible It just looks stupid like an after thought , I know we all like our machines to look different but that Is just [email protected]$d up not to mention darn right dangerous taking your eyes of the road for a couple of seconds to look down at your speedo Is just ridiculous I just hope that nobody has actually done It. . Flame me If you like I like a good argument ....Rant over . >:)
I had similar thoughts but kept them to myself, as my tastes are not exactly middle of the road.:wink2:

To each his own. 0:)

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GBN,
Can you post more info on the seat and bag?
The seat is a one off from Alex Leather Craft out of Geldern Germany. I like it but that's just me :smile2:. Haven't had a lot of seat time, but from the little bit I have had, its a lot more comfortable than either the statment seat or the La Rosa one. They look awesome, but my bony arse just doesn't like the badging or rivets!

Probably going to put the La Rosa seats up for sale if anyone is interested, But thats for a different thread :wink2:

The Bag is a La Rosa Designs from San Francisco USA, its a solo Diamond tuk, mounted on the triumph swing arm bag bracket, Only thing with it is if you have a side plate its a pretty tight squeeze.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The seat is a one off from Alex Leather Craft out of Geldern Germany. I like it but that's just me :smile2:. Haven't had a lot of seat time, but from the little bit I have had, its a lot more comfortable than either the statment seat or the La Rosa one. They look awesome, but my bony arse just doesn't like the badging or rivets!

Probably going to put the La Rosa seats up for sale if anyone is interested, But thats for a different thread :wink2:

The Bag is a La Rosa Designs from San Francisco USA, its a solo Diamond tuk, mounted on the triumph swing arm bag bracket, Only thing with it is if you have a side plate its a pretty tight squeeze.

Thank you!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Wow Mar-Vel, you are one judgmental [email protected]!

...and 100% correct as usual.

-GPz/Gary

1 - 16 of 16 Posts