Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
I love the way this thing looks, but having just started riding this year, that thing scares the crap out of me at the same time. 180 bhp, and our Bobbers are what...77? HO.LY. CRAP!!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yeah I saw that on a triumph FB page the other day...Yeah I love how It looks also...Is that a concept bike though ? If so I wonder how much that will change .

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I love the way this thing looks, but having just started riding this year, that thing scares the crap out of me at the same time. 180 bhp, and our Bobbers are what...77? HO.LY. CRAP!!
I started riding in the 1970's and that thing scares the crap out of me. :surprise:

·
Registered
137 Posts
If this is real, the Diavel is going to need serious upgrades to compete. HOWEVER, we all know what Triumph is going to do:

Triumph: "Hmmmm, how should we price this to be competitive but yet realistic"?

2018 Rocket III: $15,700.00
2019 Rocket III: $27,950.00

"Well done, Oliver! I think a modest increase such as this is appropriate. C'mon, the pub closes in less than 7 hours".

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
But... but....

launch Control, OMG the daily commute would be just sooooo much fun at the traffic light grand prix :)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
If you dropped that thing it would take a crane to pick it up. :|
Speaking of dropping it, rode the Diavel once for a short ride because my friend dropped it on his foot...in the parking lot (!) not moving :surprise: So, I had to take it to a nearby Harley dealer which agreed to hold it until it could be shipped home. Bike is a beauty and a monster at the same time. Fortunately, we were riding slowly (my friend in a rental car) since I couldn't figure what all those lights, bells & whistles on the dashboard were telling me. Needless to say, there were quite a few "looks" when I pulled into the parking lot. On subsequent rides together, let's just say that keeping up was a bear (my mantra has been "meet you at the next turn"). The Triumph, btw, looks awesome.

·
Super Moderator
1,064 Posts
It looks gorgeous. I never really likes the way the engine of the original R3 looked. To me, it looked like a car engine. But this things's engine looks like three Bonneville engines welded together. It looks seriously good. So glad to see Triumph still putting a marker down in the Bloody Insane end of the market.

·
Super Moderator
1,064 Posts
It looks gorgeous. I never really liked the way the engine of the original R3 looked. To me, it looked like a car engine. But this things's engine looks like three Bonneville engines welded together. It looks seriously good. So glad to see Triumph still putting a marker down in the Bloody Insane end of the market.

·
Registered
553 Posts
It looks gorgeous. I never really liked the way the engine of the original R3 looked. To me, it looked like a car engine. But this things's engine looks like three Bonneville engines welded together. It looks seriously good. So glad to see Triumph still putting a marker down in the Bloody Insane end of the market.
Yes I have to agree with the car engine comment, this new version looks sooo much nicer
but only 180hp that is less than half of what my Rocket 111 makes, still it is a good starting point.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Of course, as big as the R3 is, you still can't beat the Boss Hoss

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Of course, as big as the R3 is, you still can't beat the Boss Hoss
You can on the turns. I test rode one of these monsters and was very impressed. Quite nimble for it's size. on the straight away was like it's namesake, a rocket.
The new version reminds me a bit of the new Honda Valkyrie.

Chico

·
Registered
224 Posts
what a monster..
I remember doing a trip up the Großglockner Hochalpenstrasse during the Tridays in Austria. We were on an organised ride-out with about 20 bikes, two Rockets. Now we went up a small road with cobble-stones and very nasty hairpin bends. It was all okay for the Rocket guys going up but it started to drizzle when we went down again. No problem at all with my Tiger 800 even when Dutch motorhomes came up and passed by (and the Dutch have no idea how to drive their monsters on small alpine roads, all flat where they come from), but the Rocket guys were drenched in sweat at the next stop. Too much power and torque and way too heavy.

The Rocket then and esp. the new one are bikes to impress others but not for real riders.

·
Registered
23 Posts
As the former owner of a rocket x (N 400) I can say for sure that it was very comfortable and nimble for its size, the power output was a outstanding but speed limits (120 km/hr) didn't allow to use its full potential. Commuting was quite easy despite its size.
The new model looks incredible and I'm expecting to know more about it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts