Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this? I ordered some from British Legends and was planning to install them and turn off the O2 with TuneECU, just curious if anyone has done this yet or has any experience with this? Thoughts? I figured I can always do it and see what happens.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
O2 sensors removed, physically disconnected them, switched off with tuneecu. Bike runs great, smoother at low rpm and lower throttle settings. Noticeably better.

·
Registered
687 Posts
So you just unplugged them and installed plugs in the bungs? No resistors? TuneECU handles the MIL?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Wish TuneECU had come out sooner. Installing the PCV (reinstalling the battery box) was a PITA. Don’t relish the idea of uninstalling it (and won’t).

·
Registered
687 Posts
Well I removed the O2 sensors, installed O2 eliminators and plugged the bungs. Fired up the bike and got errors:

P0131 - Oxygen sensor 1 short circuit to ground
P0151 - Oxygen sensor 2 short circuit to ground
P1574 - Cruise is Disabled due to other malfunction

I can clear the errors but they just pop up again when I run the bike. I was hoping the O2 eliminators would work thus avoiding having to overwrite the ECU (I have PCV installed). Has anyone had success with O2 eliminators? I have TuneECU as a last resort.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Update: I just confirmed that I installed the wrong version. Seller is sending me the correct O2 eliminators. I’ll try this before committing to the ECU change.

·
Registered
283 Posts
May try this with the tuneECU app instead of going the booster plug route. They have the maps for sale now from DNK and through AJNY but I may just try my own subtle changes first over the 200$ download to see what I can accomplish. Probably won't adjust timing just rev limit, o2 sensors ,and fuel table. Whos got a cam with the tune ECU unlocked map?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts