Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone put a non-Triumph seat on their Bobber? There’s lots out there that are more classic looking, but wonder how easy/hard it is to fit them on, given the mounting set up.

Also wonder how they might look...

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
There are many mod threads with new seats many of which are Corbin and a few others which are custom or use the stock seat as a starter. If you use the search bar you should find descriptions and pix.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Can you say, "Torture rack"? I'll bet you can. :|
You would be surprised how comfortable (maybe the wrong word) the old metal tractor seats are/were. I've ridden on the old tractors that used them , and besides being affected by temperature , they all day long agreeable to the butt. That one apparently has air conditioning.......:grin2:

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
I had this built and it is beautiful , but I find myself more attached to the Corbin (for comfort) , but this one looks better. I would say it is a more comfortable seat than stock and looks better on the bike than the Corbin.
Hi BB,

That's a great looking seat, I like the vintage look and colour too.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
You would be surprised how comfortable (maybe the wrong word) the old metal tractor seats are/were. I've ridden on the old tractors that used them , and besides being affected by temperature , they all day long agreeable to the butt. That one apparently has air conditioning.......:grin2:
I used to have an old Massey Ferguson 35 Deluxe. Come to think of it, the seat wasn't that bad. However, I don't think that I would put it on my Bobber. :wink2:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah right, I’ve seen the Corbins. Was thinking more of Bates style etc I guess. Maybe Biltwells or La Perla. Glad to see these pics though, and will search for more. Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
766 Posts
I used to have an old Massey Ferguson 35 Deluxe. Come to think of it, the seat wasn't that bad. However, I don't think that I would put it on my Bobber. :wink2:
Deluxe... did that mean two hessian potato sacks as opposed to one? :grin2::grin2::grin2:

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Can you say, "Torture rack"? I'll bet you can. :|
For me, nothing was worse than the OEM seat. Weird, as it was fine in the beginning - then it’s like I suddenly became allergic to it and my a** and tailbone would scream with pain within the first 10KM.
Thank goodness Corbin swooped in to the rescue... :grin2:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I had this built and it is beautiful , but I find myself more attached to the Corbin (for comfort) , but this one looks better. I would say it is a more comfortable seat than stock and looks better on the bike than the Corbin.
That is one great looking seat! ?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have the statement seat and for my riding (short stints in the mountains or along the coast) it is GREAT and I like the looks. I would like to see a faux seat spring kit for it as so many other faux parts are on the Bobber. I wouldn't mind the fake. I hate the look of that stupid seat tail/rail.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Bear

was the seat made local to you, if so do you mind sharing the price and manufacturer.:smile2:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Bear

was the seat made local to you, if so do you mind sharing the price and manufacturer.:smile2:

It was made in here in America , by Mother Road Customs. I dealt with them to get this ready based on the needs of a Bobber (They make seats that sit on rear springs). 2 pans were used (necessary since no rear support) and it was just over 400.00. I shipped back and forth 3 times to work out some kinks , but they should be able to punch them out now.

·
Registered
136 Posts
It was made in here in America , by Mother Road Customs. I dealt with them to get this ready based on the needs of a Bobber (They make seats that sit on rear springs). 2 pans were used (necessary since no rear support) and it was just over 400.00. I shipped back and forth 3 times to work out some kinks , but they should be able to punch them out now.
Thanks for the reply, cant make my mind up on style or comfort :frown2:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Thanks for the reply, cant make my mind up on style or comfort :frown2:
Well , if I wasn't as big a guy as I am , I feel certain this seat would have been great. The Corbin is much firmer , and in the end , won the coin toss. The Corbin does give up a little in the looks dept to this one though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts