Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first brand new bike. I have been riding for just over a year. The Speedmaster was my first one.
I loved the Bobber from moment I test rode it. I picked it up early April. I am loving every moment I am on it.

I am still waiting on heated grips, cruise control, and brown seat to come into the dealer.

How are you guys liking your Bobber? What fuel grade do you use? Is 87 good enough?

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Welcome to the forum and grats on getting your first new bike!

I've always just gone with the manufacturer suggested octane rating as that's what the bike was designed to use and I see no point in getting the highest grade unless you're on a super-sport.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Manual says 87 is good. My dealer actually told me that when they ran 91 octane the bike had starting issues after a while.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's not a high compression engine, so 87 is sufficient. Greetings from 10465, NYC.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Manual says 87 is good. My dealer actually told me that when they ran 91 octane the bike had starting issues after a while.
I've been filling it up with 87 Octane. That's what the dealer used to fill up the first tank as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The US manual says 87 but the UK and Canadian manual says 91 RON. Might be useful for those cross border (US and Canada) travellers

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have got about 180 Miles on it so far. Still breaking it in :)
keep us posted on anything you might be tracking since for a lot of us that will come in handy and will help to annex your Bobber to the rest of them.

this early break in process is always the most important.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts