Triumph Bobber Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Speedmaster
217 Posts
Oh that's interesting.. I have read many posts about the shocks (matris.ohlins,fox etc.) but never heard you could use a speedmaster.. have you done it, if so. how is the ride?
I have the Speedmaster so no need to swap shocks. But I am about 215 lbs and it works fine for me at about the middle adjustment. I have room to go softer or firmer if needed. An adjustable shock will let you select the preload that works best for your riding style and weight.

·
Registered
417 Posts
That's interesting, how much do you weigh?
I'm about 12 stone in my birthday suit. I wear the usual riding kit plus an air vest. So all up weight must be towards 13.5-14 stone.

Say in the region of 190lb with riding kit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Hey all.. pics of the new bike. The pic on left side is when I got it home, and the pic on right side I turned the mirrors upside down. I would have taken pics outside but when I arrived home it was dark. It rides like a dream! Oh in case youre all wondering about the "In memory of".. It's for my Dad. He passed away few years back but he loved bikes and he would have loved to see mine :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Hey all! I like the rear end of the bike but I don't love it, so I want to change it.. Should I have the stock fender shortened and add the rear light such as the Rizuma or Kellerman rear Alto lights.? I dont have a plasma cutter so I'll have to have it done at a shop near me and then painted. Or should I purchase the Wunderkind rear mud guard which already has the light kit? I know the Wunderkind rear will have to be painted (at least the actual fender part). And yes I'll have to get a side mount plate holder too. So what will be cheaper to do of the plans I have above? Which would you all do? I love the Wunderkind look but not sure which is the cheapest route to take. And I may have to bring it to a shop to do most of the work, I am not that mechanically inclined. lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone.. I am from the USA.. Picking up my new 2022 Bobber today!! :) Very excited about it!! Ive been quietly scanning over various topics here on the forum and looking to do some cosmetic mods already. Mainly just the short rear mud guard and smaller front and rear led directional lights because I love the looks of those mods. In the future I may get the Ohlins rear shock. That is basically it... I'll post pics after i get it home later on :) and until then.. ride safely!
Welcome!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts