Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.. I am from the USA.. Picking up my new 2022 Bobber today!! :) Very excited about it!! Ive been quietly scanning over various topics here on the forum and looking to do some cosmetic mods already. Mainly just the short rear mud guard and smaller front and rear led directional lights because I love the looks of those mods. In the future I may get the Ohlins rear shock. That is basically it... I'll post pics after i get it home later on :) and until then.. ride safely!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Updating you all here... Replies are totally appreciated, thank you all!! But unfortunately, we could not finish the deal because the bank was closed. My fault, I guess I should have gotten to the dealer earlier. We settled on a price anyways, and I left there happy. The dealer will be opened again on Tuesday and we will finish up. Sorry to leave you all drooling... but I promise when I finally get the bike home I will post pics.

'Till then, stay safe!! :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You'll probably want a better rear shock if you're over 150 pounds, it's required if you're over 200.

Reactions: dcm and Amrik

·
Registered
417 Posts
Welcome. I stuck with the stock shock and to be sure it wasn't great for the first 1500 miles. But it does break in a bit and I regularly do 200+ miles in day without any back issues.

Bear in mind I'm 60 and have suffered back pain for years following an injury. So my back is prone to pain if I am not careful.

They are great bikes. Every time I look at it it makes me smile. Totally bonkers of course.

Reactions: dcm

·
Registered
2019 Triumph Bobber Black
189 Posts
Welcome. I stuck with the stock shock and to be sure it wasn't great for the first 1500 miles. But it does break in a bit and I regularly do 200+ miles in day without any back issues.

Bear in mind I'm 60 and have suffered back pain for years following an injury. So my back is prone to pain if I am not careful.

They are great bikes. Every time I look at it it makes me smile. Totally bonkers of course.
That's interesting, how much do you weigh?

·
Registered
2018 Speedmaster
217 Posts
Welcome, and enjoy the new bike. Plenty of shocks out there at all price points but you may want to ask the dealer about fitting a 2018+ Speemaster shock. They have adjustable preload and will fit the bobber. I really don't understand why Triumph doesn't just start using the speemaster shock on stock bobbers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Welcome, and enjoy the new bike. Plenty of shocks out there at all price points but you may want to ask the dealer about fitting a 2018+ Speemaster shock. They have adjustable preload and will fit the bobber. I really don't understand why Triumph doesn't just start using the speemaster shock on stock bobbers.
Oh that's interesting.. I have read many posts about the shocks (matris.ohlins,fox etc.) but never heard you could use a speedmaster.. have you done it, if so. how is the ride?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts