Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The adventure starts! I just turned 40 and decided that I needed to find a new hobby. I purchased the BB as my very first motorcycle to ever own. I spent many hours researching different brands and models (Harley and Indian) yet kept coming back to the BB as the bike to own without regrets.

I am very excited to be part of this forum and itching to see what others have done with modifications.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
corey;177739)...I spent many hours researching different brands and models (Harley and Indian) yet kept coming back to the BB as the bike to own without regrets. Thanks![/QUOTE said:
Have owned the former (HD) and currently own the second (Indian Scout) but, my Bobber is my go-to for day trips and around town. Congratulations on your purchase, welcome to the forum. Might want to ease into the revs until you’re used to it. There’s a lot of torque in that machine. Ride safe.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Have owned the former (HD) and currently own the second (Indian Scout) but, my Bobber is my go-to for day trips and around town. Congratulations on your purchase, welcome to the forum. Might want to ease into the revs until you’re used to it. There’s a lot of torque in that machine. Ride safe.
If only I had enough money to purchase all three ...... The Scout was my second choice and the 48 for my third (the 2019 48 did not come in a matte finish). Such a tough decision between the three. I loved how mean the BB looked yet how sad it was sitting in the showroom. It was screaming for me to take it home.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Raleigh! My old stomping grounds. (Used to live in Wake Forest.)

Welcome to the forum. You picked a great bike!
Thanks! I live right on Falls Lake so I ride everyday through Creedmoor, Franklinton, Youngsville, and Wake Forest. I'm not venturing into high traffic areas yet so the rural settings are a perfect match to learn and get comfortable on.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I would like to hear your story sometime!
I turned 50 at the start of the year and always wanted to own a bike (my Dad rode Triumph's, Nortons and Hondas....then I came along). I took some lessons, passed and then eventually, purchased the Bobber Black, after much searching reviewing etc. I was told NOT to go for a "first" bike, but go for the bike that I wanted. The BB was that bike.

I'm almost 2 months in and 1500 miles clocked. Love it.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Thanks! I live right on Falls Lake so I ride everyday through Creedmoor, Franklinton, Youngsville, and Wake Forest. I'm not venturing into high traffic areas yet so the rural settings are a perfect match to learn and get comfortable on.
I bought my first motorcycle when I was living in Wake Forest. I rode to all of those places and more back in the day.

By the way, Falls Lake was just starting to fill when I lived in Wake.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I turned 50 at the start of the year and always wanted to own a bike (my Dad rode Triumph's, Nortons and Hondas....then I came along). I took some lessons, passed and then eventually, purchased the Bobber Black, after much searching reviewing etc. I was told NOT to go for a "first" bike, but go for the bike that I wanted. The BB was that bike.

I'm almost 2 months in and 1500 miles clocked. Love it.
Very similar story. Grew up around HD but never really played with the idea of owning a motorcycle until recently. I was told the same, go for the bike that excites and makes you want to ride everyday. Very cool!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome to the group and congratulations on your purchase! Do you have any changes in mind for your bike yet?
Not at the moment. I found this forum on my search for ideas on how to make the BB unique to me. Definitely white wall tires once I shred these bad boys. :wink2:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I bought my first motorcycle when I was living in Wake Forest. I rode to all of those places and more back in the day.

By the way, Falls Lake was just starting to fill when I lived in Wake.
That's crazy. It's completely different now. If you haven't been back for awhile you wouldn't recognize this place!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts