Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Vendor
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have worked with DNK Tuneworks on testing out tunes for the 1200 engines and are pleased to have these available for purchase now.
Advantages of DNK TuneWorks Maps
  • Increased redline specific to each model
  • REQUIRES 93 Octane or 98 RON fuel
  • Increased AFR on full throttle
  • Additional timing under full throttle
  • Greatly reduced deceleration popping after open exhaust and X-pipe installs
  • Throttle limiter from 6500+ removed entirely in all modes on 1200 bikes
  • Recurved fueling based on Power Commander Maps and Dyno Testing
  • Recurved timing based on Power Commander Maps and Dyno Testing
  • Recurved throttle mapping and rider modes for a more engaging throttle (even those without rider modes)
  • Optimizated AFR in cruise and low throttle for driveability (no more stalling or snatch ever again)

we can just send over the tune via email or we can load them at our workshop

·
Registered
44 Posts
Attached is one of a 1200HP, haven't had any customers take their 1200HT's to the dyno in the dead of winter, but I expect one will be soon.
I am actually highly looking forward to a 1200HT customer to get their bike on the dyno because after tuning they are feeling like they're going toe to toe with the 1200HP bikes.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’m in Denver, CO and most gas everywhere is 91 octane at the highest because of the altitude.

I’m on a 2018 speedmaster, is this even worth trying or no? Is the dealer the only tune in town?

·
Registered
90 Posts
the altitude is why it’s only 91 octane, effectively 91 here in Denver is 93 at sea level. Atleast that’s what I’ve been told by my shop.

I’m in Denver, CO and most gas everywhere is 91 octane at the highest because of the altitude.

I’m on a 2018 speedmaster, is this even worth trying or no? Is the dealer the only tune in town?

·
Registered
689 Posts
When TuneECU released support for the Bobber, I looked at doing this (translating my PCV map to TuneECU) but I couldn’t find a dyno owner who was willing to spend the time to tune via TuneECU vs their Dynojet setup. This is a nice way for someone with common mods to tune their Bobber without a PCV.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The dealer Triumph dealer can't tune the bikes or make any fuel and spark modifications. I've tuned a Speedmaster and a Bobber in the last week, and they were pretty ecstatic about how the bike felt afterwards. If I'm being absolutely honest, there's significantly more on the table to be picked up on the 1200HT bikes because of how Triumph purposely sandbagged them from the factory via the tune. The 900HT is camshaft limited, and to an extent so is the 1200HP. But the 1200HT making 77hp and the 1200HP making 96hp from the factory despite the only difference being the weight of the crankshaft? Well that's all in the tune.

·
Registered
567 Posts
The dealer Triumph dealer can't tune the bikes or make any fuel and spark modifications. I've tuned a Speedmaster and a Bobber in the last week, and they were pretty ecstatic about how the bike felt afterwards. If I'm being absolutely honest, there's significantly more on the table to be picked up on the 1200HT bikes because of how Triumph purposely sandbagged them from the factory via the tune. The 900HT is camshaft limited, and to an extent so is the 1200HP. But the 1200HT making 77hp and the 1200HP making 96hp from the factory despite the only difference being the weight of the crankshaft? Well that's all in the tune.
NO Biggest difference without a doubt is the compression. You can put whatever tune you want in the HT motor it will never reach HP power without more compression.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So for my speedmaster, what power commander/dyno is necessary or usable? Sorry if this has been covered. I have everything apple so will have to get a droid tablet or something. Any recommendations is much appreciated. I will only use the droid for tuneEcu so the bare minimum hopefully will work. I’m about to install an xpipe in about 2 weeks so I would love to do a tune afterwards.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sorry if I in anyway implied that they were making as much or more than the 1200HP. I was attempting to convey that there's a lot more to work with on the HT bikes because of the conservative tune.

·
Registered
567 Posts
No worries, just wanted to be sure people did not think that they could bung in a tune, then go & outrun a Thruxton.
A good tune is always a sensible move, especially if dyno-ed afterwards to check a/f & power.
The dyno you put up for an HP motor, I assume it was not bone stock ?

·
Vendor
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So for my speedmaster, what power commander/dyno is necessary or usable? Sorry if this has been covered. I have everything apple so will have to get a droid tablet or something. Any recommendations is much appreciated. I will only use the droid for tuneEcu so the bare minimum hopefully will work. I’m about to install an xpipe in about 2 weeks so I would love to do a tune afterwards.
would just need an android device and the OBDLink MX or LX adapter

·
Registered
44 Posts
No need for a power commander.

You just need an Android, the ECU Calibration and the OBD Link LX/MX to act as the interface to connect to and program the ECU.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Friendly suggestion: I'm fairly tech-savvy but I'm a little wary of buying this and not being able to install it properly myself. It would help sell them if you referred us to a video showing everything you need and, step-by-step, EXACTLY how to properly install it. Please post the link.

Thanks,
GPz/Gary

·
Registered
300 Posts
Friendly suggestion: I'm fairly tech-savvy but I'm a little wary of buying this and not being able to install it properly myself. It would help sell them if you referred us to a video showing everything you need and, step-by-step, EXACTLY how to properly install it. Please post the link.

Thanks,
GPz/Gary
Agreed , nothing better than clearcut instructions.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts