Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
@Abel, I'll give you a big thumbs up. I'm not thinking you bought that topcase because you wanted to be the coolest person in the world with a Bobber, but that you wanted a Bobber, and needed storage for whatever reason, and tried to find an option that at least fit in with the classic vibe and style of the bike, and you succeeded. I didn't know anything like that was out there anywhere. Tons of room, but not a modern, plasticky blob on top, as I first thought it might be when I read your title. Best option I've seen when you need a lot of storage in something that looks retro, and only other option is a large, waxed cotton duffle which will require rok straps or similar to attach to the bike.

·
Super Moderator
954 Posts
Hepco and Becker do a luggage rack that would be good if you intend to have much weight in the bag. It mounts the weight on the top of the suspension and is much better than sticking the weight on the rear fender, which is connected straight to the swing arm

·
Registered
383 Posts
@Abel, I'll give you a big thumbs up. I'm not thinking you bought that topcase because you wanted to be the coolest person in the world with a Bobber, but that you wanted a Bobber, and needed storage for whatever reason, and tried to find an option that at least fit in with the classic vibe and style of the bike, and you succeeded. I didn't know anything like that was out there anywhere. Tons of room, but not a modern, plasticky blob on top, as I first thought it might be when I read your title. Best option I've seen when you need a lot of storage in something that looks retro, and only other option is a large, waxed cotton duffle which will require rok straps or similar to attach to the bike.
Like the sound of the duffle bag

·
Registered
201 Posts
Ditto the above.

Hepco & Brecker rack is a practical storage solution, but I personally didn't like the aesthetics. So ABEL, what rack have you got that top-box bolted to?

Fehling rack worked out OK for me - first image. Last Easter loaded it up with my full kit (about 25Kgs from memory) without any detriment to the guard though I did cross brace the rack underside to reduce the possibility of mounts 'sagging' and dimpling the guard.

Other options for 'Straddle' Bags from this Forum member is The Saddleman - 2nd image,

And another from Dri-Rider, an Australian motorcycle accessory manufacturer: DriRider Explorer Tail Pack at MXstore

Sorry Abel, didn't mean to knock the wind out your sails with this left-field post.

Road trip.jpg Bike%20Bag%205.jpg

·
Registered
119 Posts
Like the sound of the duffle bag
Hepco and Becker is superbly made stuff and suits the Bobber style very well. I have the C Bow frames for the panniers but the duffel bag goes on a rack behind the seat.

Everything is here and on Ebay:

This is the kit on a Bobber:

·
Super Moderator
954 Posts
Hepco & Brecker rack is a practical storage solution, but I personally didn't like the aesthetics.
I don't like the aesthetics either, but only when it's unloaded. As soon as you load it up, it looks great IMHO. Bunkerbarge's photo is spot on. And more to the point, it can carry a heavier loan that the fender-mounted racks because the weight is sprung.

I have the Fehling rack myself, but only because it's for looks and not for actual use with more than a sandwich box and flask of tea.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ditto the above.

Hepco & Brecker rack is a practical storage solution, but I personally didn't like the aesthetics. So ABEL, what rack have you got that top-box bolted to?

Fehling rack worked out OK for me - first image. Last Easter loaded it up with my full kit (about 25Kgs from memory) without any detriment to the guard though I did cross brace the rack underside to reduce the possibility of mounts 'sagging' and dimpling the guard.

Other options for 'Straddle' Bags from this Forum member is The Saddleman - 2nd image,

And another from Dri-Rider, an Australian motorcycle accessory manufacturer: DriRider Explorer Tail Pack at MXstore

Sorry Abel, didn't mean to knock the wind out your sails with this left-field post.

View attachment 42605 View attachment 42606
No problem! Had my topcase made ar local leathershop in Barcelona, have it mounted with leather belts on a Jawa luggage rCk, works very well!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just as another option, here are some French-made waxed cotton bags sold here in the U.S.: SMALL TAIL DUFFEL BAG

ASIDE: Of note, the same bags are sold by BMW aftermarket supplier Wunderlich's American branch, mainly for the R nineT, for nearly twice as much money as the Long Ride branded bags, to imply they're made just for BMWs, but hey, BMW guys, it has a sewn-on patch that says "Wunderlich" on it, instead of Long Ride, so that makes it worth it, right? Uh, that would be NO.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts