Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went and bought a Bobber black (Matt) last weekend so I’m just saying hello !
Wanted one of these bikes since they first came out, so tempted at the launch I actually put a holding deposit down but got cold feet, after seeing this Matt one with a few extras I was sold, or rather the bike was to me.
I’ve seen a few members on here from the Kent area, I’m based in Ashford Kent if anyone is nearby.
I’m slowly reading throu the posts and getting a few ideas, be interested to hear from anyone with the Matt finish and what they use to keep the paintwork clean.
Regards
The bobstar

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Congratulation on your new Matte Black! Someone just started a thread a few days ago asking about recommendations for matte finish care, so you'll run across it soon, I'm sure as you're going through the threads. What changes are you considering?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To be honest I love the bike as it is, I had a few extras added by the dealer, black exhaust header pipes, black statement seat, black intake and header covers, machined headlight bezel and LED indicators.
I guess I might add the tail tidy and short front fender at some stage, but right now I just want to ride the thing !
It’s still got delivery miles only, work and the weather have played a part in not getting out on it.
The matte paintwork looks so cool but I know it’s going to take more looking after than the gloss finish.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Congrats and welcome. Matte finish products are easily available. I use one, Denim something or other and it works great but, there are lots of others including those mentioned in the thread on this forum.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Did you buy a Bobber Black? Just wondering what the extras are as I thought the LEDs, black pipes etc came as standard on the black? I have had zero issues with the Matt black myself. Just as easy to clean and treat and easier to keep looking good as no shine required. Enjoy it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts