Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the group! Any changes planned yet?
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

Yes for changes

Thinking of western bars or clip ons

If I go western , install forward controls, if clipons, rearsets

Debating on having a rear fender at all. Something like a statement seat

Then will get to work on suspension, front and rear, this is where i usually throw much money at including tires.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
This is just my opinion. My opinion is worth nothing. :laugh: Clip-on handlebars don't go with a Bobber. Clip-on handlebars work better for a cafe racer. Western bars (which I had never heard of) would be nice on a Bobber.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I added the clip ons to my Bobber this weekend. I am in the process of making rearsets and found a new rear short fender on EBay for $160. It is missing the cover for the signals, however, not an issue since I will make a license plate/tail light combo for it anyway. My goal is to make it convertible from stock to street racer with minimal effort.

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
Beach bars? Either way, more cruiser-like vs. your other cafe racer direction. Looking forward to see where you land.

I had beach bars on my Road King for a few months. They are "wheelbarrow" wide, much wider that the ones in the previous pic. They caused me serious pain in my wrists and elbows on moderately long rides, so much so I could barely ride and switched to 12" apes.

(pic is not of my bike, just example)

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I added the clip ons to my Bobber this weekend. I am in the process of making rearsets and found a new rear short fender on EBay for $160. It is missing the cover for the signals, however, not an issue since I will make a license plate/tail light combo for it anyway. My goal is to make it convertible from stock to street racer with minimal effort.
Hey Desert,

I like where your going with this.

Are those Triumph clip ons? Are they angle adjustable

Also would like to know more about the short fender, how minimal is it as I’m contemplating lower than what I’ve seen so far and hopefully lighter. Is the one you purchased plastic or metal

Looking forward to see your rearsets, I personally always “fix” the pegs so they don’t move up and down.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I had beach bars on my Road King for a few months. They are "wheelbarrow" wide, much wider that the ones in the previous pic. They caused me serious pain in my wrists and elbows on moderately long rides, so much so I could barely ride and switched to 12" apes.

Agree, particularly that picture. I thought maybe western bars were some other name for the beach bars, but obviously not. I can see why you switched.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts

Good grief! :surprise:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts