Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
great video! i'm sure will help out a lot of folks who plan on doing this in the future. definitely wish this video was out before i went about with this mod, but thanks to the great guys at a&j in helping me out by answering all my questions as i was going about doing this a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Nice vid. I’m still waiting for that half off sale on those viba covers. Hahaha

I used the small 90 degree hose from the old crankcase breather set up. I mounted it so the breather is vertical and exposed. I don’t mind seeing it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
i also did the same with the breather, as it looks kinda cool that way. (i say, "let it be nice and exposed! ... don't tuck it away!")

·
Registered
39 Posts
One comment you made " X type of air filter are good because they are waterproof". What impact does this have not getting a non-waterproof filter?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Brian,
You video does not make it clear what you did with the main fuse. Is it taped to the fuse box? Also the OBD II do you just place it anywhere under the cover and does it need protection? Finally, I have a Booster plug what changes do I need to make if any with the temp sensor? THANKS!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Brian,
You video does not make it clear what you did with the main fuse. Is it taped to the fuse box? Also the OBD II do you just place it anywhere under the cover and does it need protection? Finally, I have a Booster plug what changes do I need to make if any with the temp sensor? THANKS!
I just tucked the main fuse over to the the other side. Fits nicely. I also have the booster plug. I found a spot for it under the gas tank.

The large fuse box is so stiff with heavy gauge wires, you just need to tuck it down the best you can. That little access that’s built into the viba cover is really quite useless as far as getting to the fuses. The cover is pretty flimsy and was fairly easy to install. My suggestion is too get everything in as tidy as you can and if you ever need to get to a fuse just remove it. It’s 3 screws.

You don’t need to make any changes with the sensor. Just plug the booster plug into the wire you removed from the airbox sensor and plug the sensor into the other wire on the booster plug. If you put the booster plug under the tank you can run the sensor on the booster to the front of the bike.

·
Registered
602 Posts
How much water can the 'Waterproof' pods take, light drizzle or a full out thunderstorm/Snow?

·
Vendor
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Brian,
As Brandon said, just tucked it under the VibA cover.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks!!!!

I just tucked the main fuse over to the the other side. Fits nicely. I also have the booster plug. I found a spot for it under the gas tank.

The large fuse box is so stiff with heavy gauge wires, you just need to tuck it down the best you can. That little access that’s built into the viba cover is really quite useless as far as getting to the fuses. The cover is pretty flimsy and was fairly easy to install. My suggestion is too get everything in as tidy as you can and if you ever need to get to a fuse just remove it. It’s 3 screws.

You don’t need to make any changes with the sensor. Just plug the booster plug into the wire you removed from the airbox sensor and plug the sensor into the other wire on the booster plug. If you put the booster plug under the tank you can run the sensor on the booster to the front of the bike.
Thanks Brian. A & J is simply one of the best motorcycle service and P & A companies I have ever dealt with. On the phone or by email always ready to help. That is why I buy everything I can from you all. Of course I try to wait until you have a sale if my impatience does get the best of me.

Thanks again for the great video.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Really useful vid, thanks.
I am sure the question has been asked before, although I cannot find the answer;

Is any Dynojet/mapping work needed after fitting pod type filters?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts