Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ever since I replaced my tank with the Speedmaster tank, I’ve been trying to figure out what badge to put on it. The Speedmaster tank (obviously) came with the Speedmaster badge which I felt didn’t suit the minimalist style I wanted. They are also incredibly heavy.

To complicate matters, the Speedmaster tank (unlike the Bobber) has two mounting screws. One option was to leave the holes or use plugs but that looked unfinished. Another was to have them filled and painted - but that was too much hassle. Yet another was to find a suitable replacement - good luck with that as there aren’t any Speedmaster badge options yet. One day, I was looking at Triumph pics online and happened to notice that the T100/T120 4-bar badge had an appliqué steel insert. I did some research and found that this stick-on steel insert would (just) cover both holes. So I placed an order for two. I did have to grind off three guide posts on the back of each. After that, I just cleaned them up and stuck them on the tank with double sided tape. I used 3M VHB #5962 which is 1.6mm thick to account for any differences in curvature but it was surprisingly perfectly mated.

I like the minimalist look as well as the polished outline of the raised badge. It adds a little more style than a painted/decal/embossed badge. The badge is rather small but that makes the tank look larger and more muscular. Turned out very nice and I’m completely happy with the new tank now.

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh I also added the NRC 360 front signals for a slimmer profile. Works well with the X-Arc rears.

Before
A6F61F20-B36D-40C4-89E8-3E374455B0D9_1555260640517.jpeg

After
0153E21F-B925-49A5-8B11-30B81867C1AF_1555260660099.jpeg

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bike looks great! Nice stitching on your seat. Is it a Corbin?
Thanks! It was made by JP Custom Seats in LA using the stock seat and foam with a memory foam topper. I sat on the Corbin but found it really sucks you in and didn’t give me enough lateral movement. They are great seats though and I have one on my Ducati Cafe Racer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts