Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gents,

I wanted to share my latest mod. I went ahead and fitted a new Speedmaster tank to my Bobber. Two pics attached, a before and after.

Just back from the dealers and I'm already totally thrilled with this chance.

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that.

Yes that was my only concern but after riding back with it, it is not too bulky at all, quite the opposite. It looks just right for the bike. I think it looks bigger in the photo than it does in person. Looks terrific from the riding position too.

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Thanks for that.

Yes that was my only concern but after riding back with it, it is not too bulky at all, quite the opposite. It looks just right for the bike. I think it looks bigger in the photo than it does in person. Looks terrific from the riding position too.

Cheerio,

Roy
Looks just great, Roy. Great addition. Now, you’ll be able to test your backside tolerance on that Statement seat with the longer distances between fuel ups. >:)

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your encouraging comments gents.

I have been thinking on this for some time now and finally decided to just do it. Aside from the extra gas (which I'm really looking forward to and will report back on) I was also quite keen on the vintage looking tank badge. But also felt the 'lines' of the bike could certainly handle a slightly larger profile tank. I'm pleased to say in regards the latter comment that I was correct. I'm thrilled with how the bike looks, especially from the riding position. It looks like the tank was always meant to be this way.

So overall I'm really very excited and it is possibly my favorite mod to date.

I will be offering my standard tank for sale, so if interested drop me a line.

Cheers,

Roy

·
Registered
82 Posts
That's a very good looking bike!

Not my cup of tea (wink), since I like the looks of the small tank - but I definitely see why you would want to go for more gas in places like Arizona/New Mexico.
The combination of bigger tank / ape hangers / floorboards and luggage rack is all harmonious in my opinion -> fully approved :grin2:

Tom

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Man , you're like one step ahead of me on all the cool mods. Got a credit card I can borrow? :D This is on my list.
Hi BB,

I don't own a credit card, cash type of chap. Although I did sell a vintage .357 S&W revolver to pay for it..:surprise:

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Super Moderator
787 Posts
As it's a BB, I think the proportions look better, I love the SM tank badges too.

All you need to do now is change the seat for a SM seat, and the bars for SM bars, and you'd have the perfect bike!

In English measurements SM tank is 12.1 litres

:grin2:>:):grin2:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts