·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not 500 lbs, should be about 300. It's $395 plus shipping, but of course you have the 20% VAT, as well. I've owned several Corbin seats and they are great. Cheers.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's their "Bomber Brown" finish. They have many to choose from, including real stingray (although it's not available for all seat types).

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Not 500 lbs, should be about 300. It's $395 plus shipping, but of course you have the 20% VAT, as well. I've owned several Corbin seats and they are great. Cheers.
Corbin Europe state £511 for the seat - perhaps cheaper then to buy direct from the States?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, that's high!. Probably includes vat, but still.... maybe you should try to order from the US? Good luck.

·
Registered
83 Posts
what's their "fitment" policy? meaning if it doesn't fit my butt well, what's will they do?

i have their beetle bags and front fairing on my R3 and the quality of craftsmanship is superb! but i'm thinking that if i have my local auto-upholstery shop do the work and i don't like how it fits, i can have a one-on-one conversation with the guy so he can make it fit my butt better. can't do that with corbin

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm going with Triumph's forward controls (same set-up as the Speedmaster), Part # A9770115. Talked with my parts guy and he said the kit would be $275, which includes the extended shift rod and brake set-up. Far less expensive than Free Spirits ($800). Should be available shortly after Speedmaster is officially released here in the States.

And, to hijack my own thread, TEC is going to begin work on cams for the T120 soon. They have already developed cams for the 900. Expect roughly 18% TQ/HP gains. Going to need a tuner and better airflow. Hope TEC offers a "performance package" of components that are all designed to work together. Might be a next winter's project for me!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what's their "fitment" policy? meaning if it doesn't fit my butt well, what's will they do?

i have their beetle bags and front fairing on my R3 and the quality of craftsmanship is superb! but i'm thinking that if i have my local auto-upholstery shop do the work and i don't like how it fits, i can have a one-on-one conversation with the guy so he can make it fit my butt better. can't do that with corbin
They will make modifications for you but you have to obviously send it back. They are good about that kind of thing, but what they won't do is refund you if you just plain don't like the Corbin "style" of build. They are firm seats, but they are much more comfortable than Triumph's "park bench" Statement seat, and Corbin knows how to spread weight but keep the style points high in their designs. I think they are the best high production seat in the US.

·
Registered
83 Posts
my "dislike" with the stock seat is that it digs into the back of my thighs where they meet my butt. to me, there are "edges" on the sides of the seat that have to be taken down / smoothed out. i think a local shop can do this to my satisfaction, i'm not sure how well that could be communicated to corbin? i'm not saying that a corbin seat is a no-go, just voicing a concern about the "customer service for fitment".

btw, when i was ordering the beetle bags and front fairing from them, the guy i talked with down in FL was an ass about getting one of the bag's broken locking mechanism replaced. when i got a hold of the actual production shop in CA, the guys there were extremely helpful, and got it taken care of

·
Registered
370 Posts
How did they give you a price on them already? I called and looked and so far no one knows anything haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
370 Posts
If it’s really gonna be that cheap I’m gonna be upset I ordered those wunderkind ones haha. I’ll just have to return/resell them if that’s it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They're listed as 250 lbs. which includes VAT, on Triumph's site, so $275 sounds about right. Most dealers have a 10% off policy if you have an established relationship, as well.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
If it’s really gonna be that cheap I’m gonna be upset I ordered those wunderkind ones haha. I’ll just have to return/resell them if that’s it.

BearJu,
Maybe email Detlef @ Wunderkind and ask what the exact difference is ??
[email protected]
The freespirits and Wunderkind forward controls come in at almost a grand & the Triumph ones in the hundreds. That can’t be for no reason and there must be a difference somewhere...(?)

1 - 20 of 89 Posts