Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only a minor adjustment, but I added a LaRosa seat to my bike this weekend.

The seat looks great and is very low-profile.

What I wasn't ready for (and I should've been), was just how much my riding position would change. Being a new rider, this took me by surprise, as I now lean more forward and my arms are less relaxed. I feel more of the bumps (obviously) and the bottom of my back ached after my first hour riding it.

I've ridden it into work this morning, and it didn't seem as bad. I need to spend more time with it, to see if I want to keep it on or not. Currently, I'm 50/50.

Here's some pics I took down in Laguna that night; what a great evening.

H

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Pics look awesome mate....Bikes looking good , The seat while looking good more form over function I would say .

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts
That seat will never be super comfortable, but give yourself a few weeks of riding to adjust to the new position before changing anything. That said, some risers will add to the handlebar height and give you some relief, and are easy to add.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Better to look good than to feel good.

Give it time, you will get adjusted and just think, after riding with that seat, you’ll be able to ride anything.

I’ve got the same and clip ons, so I fully understand

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Looking at it, not all that surprising about the comfort (or lack of) and seating position issues. But, it sure looks great! I agree that before making any decisions about its future, ride it more and see how much you get used to it (the bumps won’t smooth out, though). Overall, the bike looks awesome and the seat contributes to that.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate it.

Going to give it a couple of weeks and then decide on what to do with it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sweet, sweet pics! Gorgeous light and lovely bike. As for the seat... it certainly looks the part.
Also don't forget the seat position can move around a little bit. I think there were at least 2 positions: an up and forward and further back, slightly lower. There may have even been 3... not sure... but perhaps play with it some more and see if there is another sweeter spot for you.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Yeah, my LaRosa is good for about a full tank of gas. However, I had an AirHawk laying about from a previous bike and it makes a big difference in comfort for any longer rides. Of course, if i was going to plan an all day ride, I'd swap out the seat for the original

·
Registered
270 Posts
Fantastic pictures and your bike looks great.
Is your seat fully forward, if not this may help a little. Motone do up and over risers which may also assist if you decide to keep the seat.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts