Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Not very good at this forum lark, I normally lurk and glean information from all the more seasoned owners and riders, but like every other experience so far in the biker community, it's time I started doing more than nodding to my fellow 2 wheelers.

I've got a 2017 Morello Red Bobber, currently at in the garage at my folks place (until we move house in the next few weeks) waiting for me to pass my MOD2 test. This is booked for 16 May and I'm promising myself that I won't leave my indicators on like I did in my last attempt. Thankfully the weather has been a grotty recently so I'm not missing out on too many riding opportunities - still got my 2009 Suzuki RD125 (VanVan) for the dry days until my test comes around.

I actually bought the bike at the beginning of the year having sold off some Banksy artwork I'd owned for a while and treated myself to a big boy's bike with the proceeds. It came from eBay and was bought sight unseen but I've totally struck gold; the bike is in my favourite colour, has loads of Triumph fitted mods that I probably would've sprung for myself and less than 3,000 miles on the clock. Not bad for the cheapest bike I could find right?

List of mods; US spec shortened front and rear tins, heated hand grips, under bar mirrors, auxiliary ambient temperature gauge and analogue clock (these might come off at some point), US spec multi-function rear lights, Vance & Hines exhaust with wrapped pipes. I've also got a black anodised oil filler cap to go at some point as I've heard the stock item can be a bit of a pig. Best part is that he also supplied all of the original parts so if I do get my collar felt at all, I can easily put it back to stock.

For the near future I'm considering the Booster Plug and X-pipe upgrades that seem popular but will get a few miles under my belt first and possibly a Hepco & Becker rear rack. In the longer term, would be interested in a brake upgrade, install a different shock perhaps and maybe a new package of LED lights.

There is a small group of friends in my town who I ride with (stable includes Honda CRF250, BMW R9T, HD 1200 Sportster, Yamaha MT-10, BMW R80 (WIP) and an HD Iron 883 on which we're in the process of installing the Hammer Performance 1250 upgrade) and I managed the Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride on my sh*tty Chinese 125 last year so am hoping to ride in style this year. There is also an active riding group in the local area so will try and get out with them over the summer.

Look forward to getting to know you guys and learning/stealing ideas and knowledge on all things Bobber.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Eisen.

How's the riding weather with you today? Grey skies abound here but I don't mind too much until I get my full licence anyway. Once that is done, I'm expecting months of dry weather.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
25°c today but a bit windy.
Expecting 30°c on Friday; prime Bobber riding weather :grin2:
Will take a short ride and post some pics.

As much as I want to ride this weekend, I’ll probably take the kids for a hike into the mountains instead (while the weather is still cool enough and there are less people around). Still plenty of time to Bobber around before & during the summer...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks haydnd - Love the whitewalls on your steed, very cool

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase! Love the color and, as you mentioned, it's already very well-modded right off the bat. The x-pipe, should you decide to add it, will give you a lot louder rumble, which I'd highly recommend given the crowd you're riding with. And the Booster Plug will smooth things out at lower rpms. Just be sure to do the 12 minute tune (search for it on this site and numerous instructions will come up) after you make the changes, to optimize your performance.

It's only 45 F/7 C here in Minnesota today, with lots of rain for the next few days. Next week is supposed to be a lot better though, so fingers crossed that I'll be able to pile on the miles soon.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Lovely bike with some very fitting mods. I'm sure you are going to have a tonne of fun with it. Here's wishing you and your mates a great summer, sounds like a fun collection of bikes to have running together... hope the Hammer install all goes smoothly too. I hammered mine; they're a great company, good products and excellent support.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts