Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Vendor
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn’t so sure how it would look on the bike but must say they look pretty clean. Available in 3 tint colors - light, dark and midnight. Pricing will be $159.95, we are offering $20 off (code DARTBF) through Monday if would like to order. They will ship within a week. Larger shield will also be available in the future.

https://www.ajcyclesny.com/product-page/dart-triumph-bobber-classic-flyscreen

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Not a big fan of windshields on this bike, and this was the reason that I didn't buy the Bobber initially: I didn't want to ruin the look with a windshield. The only reason I traded the Bonnie for the Bobber was that it didn't need a windshield for the reason that my center of gravity was so low that I didn't feel like I was getting blown off the bike (unlike the Bonnie without a windshield).

With that said, I had ordered a relatively low windshield for the Bonnie when I had it. I could easily see over it and initially doubted whether it would be effective. The Triumph bubbas assured me it would be. It was.

I must admit that this mini one doesn't look too bad. And as low as I am in the saddle, might work to ward off the bugs that make a bee line for my face or all the rocks from 53'ers. That, or continue to wear a full-faced helmet, which I hate. Something to think about.

·
Registered
147 Posts
just ordered the Dart Piranha (smaller) screen for my Bobber. I was originally going to get one made in aluminum (and may still do in the future) but have gone for the polycarbonate Midnight tint one. The screen, for me, is purely for looks and I think it will compliment my newly painted tank and mudguards.
I would add photos but, for some reason I can’t add any (and can’t start a new post either!)

·
Registered
182 Posts
I did not think it looked right on the Bobber, BUT I have apes and to me that makes all the difference! I think it looks like it was made for my Bobber. Maybe because it is contained or framed within the bars. And it significantly cuts down on the wind blast on my chest at high speed.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
I did not think it looked right on the Bobber, BUT I have apes and to me that makes all the difference! I think it looks like it was made for my Bobber. Maybe because it is contained or framed within the bars. And it significantly cuts down on the wind blast on my chest at high speed.
What tint did you go with?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Can we get a frontal view?

Chico

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
I actually don't think this looks bad, and these items are easily taken off. So if you are doing the around town and small rides, you can have it off for the look, but if on a longer day ride or more, using it would hopefully help with wind fatigue and bugs in the teeth.

It could be a lot worse looking... think oldshcool full shield on old HD police motorcycles...

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
just ordered the Dart Piranha (smaller) screen for my Bobber. I was originally going to get one made in aluminum (and may still do in the future) but have gone for the polycarbonate Midnight tint one. The screen, for me, is purely for looks and I think it will compliment my newly painted tank and mudguards.
I would add photos but, for some reason I can’t add any (and can’t start a new post either!)
Can you elaborate on the problem with not being able to add photos or start new threads?

You should be able to just drag images to the "Drag and Drop File upload". What format pictures are they and what are the size?

For the create a new topic, if you follow the method of starting one, where does it no longer allow you to create the thread?

We'd like to get you sorted so that you can use the forum as intended and so that you can contribute your pics and new topics!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi there

Thanks for the reply.

My problem may be because I’m doing everything on my iPad. My photos are large pixel size photos (3500x2400) taken with a professional Canon SLR. All photos are JPEG’s But I’ve tried adding photos taken on my phone too and I can’t add them either! So I guess it is not just a file size issue after all.

Although I do see the drag and drop option below this box I am not able to. Probably because I’m working on an iPad and don’t have photos on a ‘desktop’ to drag and drop. If I click the little yellow ‘add photo’ box above this text box I get the message ‘enter URL of your image’ (huh? What URL? The photos are in my photos folder on my iPad ‘desktop’)

But I’m sure not everyone is viewing the forum on a computer. Some other people must be using an iPad too.

All very frustrating.

Cheers

·
Registered
848 Posts
Hi 1960,

to post a new messages and upload photos:

Make sure you’re logged on to the site
Click on the Forums header (top left on the home page)
You’ll then get a drop down menu, from this select Triump Bobber Forum
From the second drop down menu, choose your category say Triumph Bobber Forum General Discussions
Press the Post New Thread tab (top left)

For photos just drag and drop to the box called Drag and Drop File Upload But note this facility is very size sensitive so before doing this you’ll need to make your photos much smaller using say Preview or iPhoto

If that doesn't work you’ve got a fault, try a different browser.

Good Luck :nerd:

·
Registered
848 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi there

Thanks for the reply.

My problem may be because I’m doing everything on my iPad. My photos are large pixel size photos (3500x2400) taken with a professional Canon SLR. All photos are JPEG’s But I’ve tried adding photos taken on my phone too and I can’t add them either! So I guess it is not just a file size issue after all.

Although I do see the drag and drop option below this box I am not able to. Probably because I’m working on an iPad and don’t have photos on a ‘desktop’ to drag and drop. If I click the little yellow ‘add photo’ box above this text box I get the message ‘enter URL of your image’ (huh? What URL? The photos are in my photos folder on my iPad ‘desktop’)

But I’m sure not everyone is viewing the forum on a computer. Some other people must be using an iPad too.

All very frustrating.

Cheers
I use a iPad all the time. Scroll to the bottom and hit “go advanced”. It will let you then download pics from your photo library. Happy posting!

·
Read Only
25 Posts
I scoffed when I first saw this - then I did 150 mile round trip on mainly major a roads (UK). Over 60 for long periods of time gets a tad uncomfortable.

I’ll not put one on mine - just put in a case for another bike :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hello there
Many thanks for all the help with posting photos. File sizes seem to be the problem so I’m just using my phone to take photos. Seems to have worked. Many thanks again.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts