Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I don’t how many of you have seen Rob Marchand’s bobber on Youtube but for those who haven’t here’s the link

:smile2:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sorry, no, I don't like that at all.

It takes away from the simplicity of the seat unit and looks too modern. Also, dare I say it, it looks cheap and nasty like some stuck on bodge job. If it had been more intergrated into the seat pan or followed the lines properly than I may have thought differently.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, no, I don't like that at all.

It takes away from the simplicity of the seat unit and looks too modern. Also, dare I say it, it looks cheap and nasty like some stuck on bodge job. If it had been more intergrated into the seat pan or followed the lines properly than I may have thought differently.
I think you have a point and personally I’m looking for something more in keeping the Bobber’s retro design for my bike, but I do think Rob’s done a great job, it’s a neat (almost) plug ’n’ play solution to cleaning up the back end and I’m sure there’ll be others who love it, which is why I posted it.
:wink2:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wow.......how do you guys really feel??? Lol......no worries. You have to understand the video is up close and pointed up at the light (as requested by a previous viewer of the video). It doesn’t look like a bolted on afterthought as the video depicts (at normal viewing height). It looks much better in person. I agree it is a bit modern and that’s the reason I like it.

The big rear fender / lighting setup had to go and I wanted something bright enough so I’m still seen by other vehicles. I originally wanted small bullet lights mounted to the fender bracket but thought they wouldn’t be bright enough.

The great part of this forum is how everyone interprets the bike in a different way. The forum seems to be made up of an older demographic so I understand where you’re coming from.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm kinda with everyone else here. The point of a bobber is old school. It's just a bit too....naked sports bike looking.

To each their own though. If the owner of the bike likes it, that's all that counts! Every bike can't be the same or things get boring. It's just not for me.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
I don't mind the thought of this being there, and think it's not "bad". What don't like is that it doesn't look like it belongs there, simply because of the up swept shape of the seat pan. It's exposed at an angle.

Some of the tail lights that are being put on the side mount license plates look funky, but as a member said, to each his own. And, really dislike how far out the license plates stick out on the side mounts...

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yea it would look good if it was done right but just slapping it on there is terrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts