Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I took the Bobber in for her first service- after owning it since the last weekend of June! (I was away), anyway I had to wait around and that ended up with me buying and having the brown quilted seat fitted ? what I can say is I have done 40miles on that seat today and I actually prefer not being held in place by the original seat cup.
Just need to decide what other mods I want to do now, maybe turning the mirrors so they are below? Thoughts and pictures of any who have this already would be appreciated?! ?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Brown quilted seat and other bits.

I too have a brown quilted seat on my Black but was fitted from new so can't compare to the stock seat. I love the Brown contrast against the black bike.

Guys, I've owned the bike for a month and am so happy with the choice. I live in rural Thailand so the bike gets noticed a lot. Many pictures and videos being taken.

I don't see much mention of Motone Customs on the forum. I ordered their Union Jack tank pads, and other bits fir my bike and am waiting for notification from my nearest Triumph dealer that the chrome front light bezel, highway foot pegs and chrome and black bar clamp have arrived from the UK. I like the black look but the odd bit of chrome should make it pop a bit.

And a question. What is the actual difference between the US and UK versions of the V&H pipes.

Happy riding.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I too have a brown quilted seat on my Black but was fitted from new so can't compare to the stock seat. I love the Brown contrast against the black bike.

Guys, I've owned the bike for a month and am so happy with the choice. I live in rural Thailand so the bike gets noticed a lot. Many pictures and videos being taken.

I don't see much mention of Motone Customs on the forum. I ordered their Union Jack tank pads, and other bits fir my bike and am waiting for notification from my nearest Triumph dealer that the chrome front light bezel, highway foot pegs and chrome and black bar clamp have arrived from the UK. I like the black look but the odd bit of chrome should make it pop a bit.

And a question. What is the actual difference between the US and UK versions of the V&H pipes.

Happy riding.
Hi Freddy,

Some nice plans for the bike and I’m looking forward to seeing some pics once the parts have been fitted.

In answer to your question re the differences between the U.K. and U.S. spec V&H pipes... I believe the U.K. spec are baffled so quieter than the un-baffled U.S. version.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Welcome Freddy, Motone are all over these pages, mainly through AnJ Cycles. We have a couple of Thailand based members also, who appear to get most things custom made locally. There is also a company making parts for the bobber in Thailand - cant quite think of the name just at the moment, something like triple M or M111 ahhhhh.
As for the mirrors, the first thing I did was flip them over, I feel I have much better visibility as there is no shoulder or arm in view, I look straight past my hips.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts