Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings & salutations from Pennsylvania, folks! My name's Tom and I'm hoping to join your ranks within the next week or two!

I'm currently 29 and thought I may as well splurge and treat myself to a new bike to really celebrate turning 30 this summer! This will actually be my first road bike but I've been riding offroad for the majority of my life.

Right now I've got my eye on a Morello Red bobber at a local dealership but need a few pieces of the puzzle to fall in place first.

So here I am, thanks for having me, and if you have any advice for an enterprising new buyer in regards to the purchase of his bobber fundamental knowledge I should have kn this bike, please feel free to share! Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,103 Posts
Welcome!

The Morello red bike is faster than the other colors. It also has upgraded suspension and braking, and a more powerful engine. I have no idea why Triumph did that, it's a secret known only to a few. Best of all, it costs the same!

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Not sure what @Psychopasta is talking about, it's a great color, that Morello Red, but the Frost Silver and Green is standard colors racing.....lol. plus we have a nifty gold pin stripe...

I actually had to flip a coin on buying the Morello Red or the Silver/Green, liked them both so much.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Great idea for a B-day present. You won’t be disappointed and will be celebrating that birthday every time you ride. I think the Red is only faster, more powerful with better braking and suspension only after @Psychopasta mods it to death ?. (Read his thread). I’m an Ironstone fan myself, but it’s all in the eyes of the beholder though. They all look great.

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Don’t listen to anyone but me; ironstone is superior in every way.
Repeat 10 times :grin2:
I think everyone really knows this, but won’t admit it! ?
After looking @eisen77 s post....I don't know anything anymore to admit to anything....

Ironstone sounds really heavy....does it slow your bike down? :grin2:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome aboard!

It’ll bring a smile to your face every time you sit on it. I find myself making excuses just to ride now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of communication. I've been hard at work learning all I can about these bikes.

I'd like a little input from those of you familiar with these things. After talking with the dealer I can get my hands on the 2018 bobber in morello red for $10,866 with $2,000 cash as a down payment. Is the out the door price of 10,866 (after incentives) for a leftover a reasonable/decent deal?

I don't want to rush into something knowing I may be able to do better. Thanks!

·
Registered
758 Posts
If you want a better deal (and I think you could get it) find another dealer that you are willing to deal with, and go to them with that price, I guarantee you they will, if nothing else, match it, but likely beat it. Then take that price back to the original dealer, and their price will change accordingly. Keep doing that until one of them hits their bottom dollar/most options limit, and then go with the one that is the best deal. You will probably find they are far more willing to work in all sorts of incentives and options when they are presented with real competition..

Good luck

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of communication. I've been hard at work learning all I can about these bikes.

I'd like a little input from those of you familiar with these things. After talking with the dealer I can get my hands on the 2018 bobber in morello red for $10,866 with $2,000 cash as a down payment. Is the out the door price of 10,866 (after incentives) for a leftover a reasonable/decent deal?

The Milwaukee dealer has the 2018 Morello red discounted from 12,150 to $9,495. If you add in the sales tax, prep, license and freight ($1,768) that’s $11,263 out the door. If your quote includes all the extra fees....I’d say it’s a great deal! I paid $13,900 out the door for my just released new 2017. BUY IT!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

The Milwaukee dealer has the 2018 Morello red discounted from 12,150 to $9,495. If you add in the sales tax, prep, license and freight ($1,768) that’s $11,263 out the door. If your quote includes all the extra fees....I’d say it’s a great deal! I paid $13,900 out the door for my just released new 2017. BUY IT!
That looks to be almost $1,500 lower than the price of this bike after all fees etc.

Final price on this would be $12,866. I'll have to do some haggling.

Unfortunately there's only 1 other triumph dealer within several hours and they've got no bobbersin stock

·
Registered
758 Posts
Unfortunately there's only 1 other triumph dealer within several hours and they've got no bobbers in stock
lol, I drove 14 hours one way to get mine, although it wasn't for price. I suppose spending a grand to go get it just to save a grand is kinda dumb! :laugh:

When I bought mine it was the last black one in my part of the world for the first half of 2017, and I still waited 2 1/2 months for it to come from the factory. I had two closer dealers but neither had the color I wanted, and wouldn't have for 6 and 8 months respectively.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts