Triumph Bobber Forum banner

New Products Out Soon.

2K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  vidrineg1 
Hi Atom,

As you can see from this shot I've got the bracket hugging the seatpan as close as possible to make it somewhat 'disappear'.

View attachment 57586

The bracket mount is slotted so it will slide rearward, independant of the seat, by 20mm. That's primarily to accomodate different riding positions ie. seat forward or back, short arms long arms, stock bars ape bars,fat girth skinny girth etc.
I don't know whether that will be enough to not interfere with the Rage's but there is room on the bracket to extend that adjusting slot by another 15mm giving a total of 35mm rearward. That should work but it will probably mean the thickness of the back pad will need to be increased to bring it back to a position of support, but all doable.
I will be offering the bracket without the back pad anyway for those that want to 'do their own thing'.
Hope that helps.
Michael.
Hi Atom,

As you can see from this shot I've got the bracket hugging the seatpan as close as possible to make it somewhat 'disappear'.

View attachment 57586

The bracket mount is slotted so it will slide rearward, independant of the seat, by 20mm. That's primarily to accomodate different riding positions ie. seat forward or back, short arms long arms, stock bars ape bars,fat girth skinny girth etc.
I don't know whether that will be enough to not interfere with the Rage's but there is room on the bracket to extend that adjusting slot by another 15mm giving a total of 35mm rearward. That should work but it will probably mean the thickness of the back pad will need to be increased to bring it back to a position of support, but all doable.
I will be offering the bracket without the back pad anyway for those that want to 'do their own thing'.
Hope that helps.
Michael.
Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Fuel tank

Good job
I was going to do the same thing to work with my home made springer

View attachment 57644
Good job
I was going to do the same thing to work with my home made springer
Hi Atom,

View attachment 57586

Hope that helps.
Michael.
My springer was an experiment. Springer bracket made with hardware from the local store and the springs are from eBay.
Goal accomplished, no holes drilled in the bobber or the seat.
Good luck with you inventions.

Gary Vidrine
USA

Hi all, I've received the back rest pads from the upholsterer this week.
A few images below but there will be more on my website in a few days.
They will also be available without the back pad for those that might want
to make their own for a more custom look.
View attachment 57787 View attachment 57793 View attachment 57794 View attachment 57795 View attachment 57790 View attachment 57791

Prices:
Both styles are the same @ AU$280.00ea + freight.
Both styles without back pad @ AU$175.00ea + freight.

Thanks all.
Cool back rest

I am trying out my big new tractor seat from India
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.