Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Bike Brothers Webshop will have some new parts in the upcoming week, which are available in about three weeks from now. They are all based on the Custom Bonneville Bobber as displayed in their gallery - second bike from the bottom (Bike Brothers Custombikes der BikeBrothers Triumph, Yamaha, Moto Guzzi uvm...)
1. the rear fender will be available as a complete (painted) plug & play kit
2. fitting Rizoma Club S or Highsider Apollo blinkers/tail lights will be available too (with cable adapters & detailed instructions on wiring)
3. front blinkers that are mounted directly underneath the handlebars (with cable adapters & detailed instructions on wiring - hard to see in the gallery pictures)
4. the side-mounted license plate (it's not the one made by Wunderkind Custom - they created one independently)

Important notice for our german and austrian members: you won't get a technical component report (Teilegutachten) for these parts. Therefore you'll need to visit the Technical Control Board (TÜV) for inspection, which won't be a problem according to Markus from Bike Brothers.

I for one am really happy about these news because this way I won't have to cut the original fender and try to figure out all this wiring stuff for myself. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do they have an English version of their website? I cant find anywhere on the site to switch it to English and my German isn't that good lol.

love the handlebars and interested in seeing what that fender kit will look like. Triumphs short fender looks good until you put that lump on it for their light kit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Do they have an English version of their website? I cant find anywhere on the site to switch it to English and my German isn't that good lol.

love the handlebars and interested in seeing what that fender kit will look like. Triumphs short fender looks good until you put that lump on it for their light kit.
I think they are working on a english version, but I guess adding the new parts to their range is of higher priority right now...
but I can try to help you out - this is the text of the handlebars (the one that costs 109 € - with inner cable routing):

handlebars oldstyle Bobber 1 inch chrome
special version with the option of inner cable routing
90 cm width (35,4 inch) result in a comfortable seating postion
low height and low bending/angles result in a flat, cool look
comes with a technical component report (not really important for anyone outside Germany and Austria)
original instruments(? -> the handles with starter-buttons, blinker switches etc.) and mirrors can still be used. Original heated grips can not longer be used. Please order bar end caps separately (silver or black - "Lenkerende Aluminium" 9,90 €)
Important notice: you'll need a cable extension kit ("Kabel und Zugverlängerung Satz" 80,30 €). Assembly by a qualified workshop is recommended because the break line will have to be opened

hope this helps ;)

·
Registered
678 Posts
I wish Bike Brothers offered some options for delivery. I paid £45 for delivery of parts from Germany which wasn't much faster than the £7 I paid Ural in Austria, and they aren't that far apart!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think they are working on a english version, but I guess adding the new parts to their range is of higher priority right now...
but I can try to help you out - this is the text of the handlebars (the one that costs 109 € - with inner cable routing):

handlebars oldstyle Bobber 1 inch chrome
special version with the option of inner cable routing
90 cm width (35,4 inch) result in a comfortable seating postion
low height and low bending/angles result in a flat, cool look
comes with a technical component report (not really important for anyone outside Germany and Austria)
original instruments(? -> the handles with starter-buttons, blinker switches etc.) and mirrors can still be used. Original heated grips can not longer be used. Please order bar end caps separately (silver or black - "Lenkerende Aluminium" 9,90 €)
Important notice: you'll need a cable extension kit ("Kabel und Zugverlängerung Satz" 80,30 €). Assembly by a qualified workshop is recommended because the break line will have to be opened

hope this helps ;)
Yes, it does thanks. I like those bars better than the apes I think.

·
Registered
261 Posts

Depends on what lights you use and how creative you can be. These are also the Rizoma S club lights. I mounted them usin the Bobber short fender. These lights are not plug and play though. I just cut all the connectors off the lights and factory harness and soldered everything. Fits nicely under the cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In case you haven't seen it already - they've updated their Bike Brothers Webshop with some new Bobber parts:
Bobber 1200 | Triumph | BikeBrothers Speedshop

Sadly the rear fender is much more expensive than I expected (painted 630 €!!). So maybe I'll try something to similar to Brandon Miller (without using a short fender),
Bonnie (http://www.triumphbobberforum.com/f...difications/2321-tail-end-mods.html#post21529),
getor (http://www.triumphbobberforum.com/f...on-correctly-sized-headlight-9.html#post50425) or
Cdubs (http://www.triumphbobberforum.com/f...sion/3265-rear-light-options-2.html#post36769) - I guess he removed the tail light mounting and welded/glued(?) the spades on there... Something like this would be my favorite option so far...
But to I'll definitely use the side-mounted license plate holder and the cable adapters for rear/break lights, blinkers and license plate illumination to minimize fiddling with the wires (Kabeladapter Heckbeleuchtung Triumph Bobber 1200 | BikeBrothers Speedshop)
For the multifunctional blinkers/rear lights it'll be either Highsider Apollo (HIGHSIDER? ? QUALITATIV HOCHWERTIGE MOTORRADTEILE! - HIGHSIDER LED indicator APOLLO BULLET - HIGHSIDER? - QUALITATIV HOCHWERTIGE MOTORRADTEILE!) or Rizoma Iride (Universal Indicator Lights by Rizoma Bikes Accessories -)
The new front blinkers and the cover for the rear shock look good but they aren't cheap either...

By the way: visited my Triumph dealer today and unfortunately they can't offer me enough for the trade-in of my Yamaha... So first I've to sell her on my own and then I'll finally get my Bobber... Can't wait...! :D

Reactions: getor

·
Registered
370 Posts
All of that stuff is on the website but almost all of it says it's not available yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All of that stuff is on the website but almost all of it says it's not available yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Bike Brothers Webshop will have some new parts in the upcoming week, which are available in about three weeks from now. [...]
The way I understood Markus, they wanted to put them on the website first, so people can bookmark the parts and make plans on what to order... Once they are available the customers who bookmarked items would be notified automatically... But I'm sure you can at least place an order right now via e-mail so you'd definitely be one of the first recipients...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts