Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The question mark was supposed to be a smiley face doh !!

Reactions: chezqui

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello all just a quick message to say I pick my 17 plate bobber up next Saturday!! She has clipons , US Vance&Hines pipes quilted brown seat so far .
Can't wait to ride it again and looking forward to getting involved on this forum aswell !!
Is there a bobber meeting ride out down south ?? /QUOTE]

·
Registered
167 Posts
Glad to have yet another new owner on the forum. Have you started to think about what modifications you would like to do?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome ;-)
As for mods it already has US V&H pipes,
Clipons with bar end mirrors and a quilted brown seat
I was going to decat it but there isn?t any point as it sound brilliant to me with it still in place
I?m still toying with the idea of the shorter rear mudguard but don?t really want to go with the side mounted number plate as I don?t want it to look too americany
I do like the ape bars and side mounted number plate look just not on my one.......yet !!! :)
Oh I?ve also removed the front mudguard I?ll post up some pics once I?ve worked that side of things out ;-)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
How are you liking that seat? I have seen many diff thoughts on it, some love it some hate it and say the OEM one is more comfortable.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How are you liking that seat? I have seen many diff thoughts on it, some love it some hate it and say the OEM one is more comfortable.

It feels ok to me but then again I?m used to seats that have no sponge in at all
Honda sp1 ,zx7r,cr250 all spring to mind
The original seat thickness may be slightly thicker but like I say it?s fine for me
All I really need to do this winter is elongate the black seat holder adjustment slot to be able to close the gap at the tank slightly then I will be able to use the whole seat comfortably without sitting right up but that would be the same issue with the original seat hth !!

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts

It feels ok to me but then again I?m used to seats that have no sponge in at all
Honda sp1 ,zx7r,cr250 all spring to mind
The original seat thickness may be slightly thicker but like I say it?s fine for me
All I really need to do this winter is elongate the black seat holder adjustment slot to be able to close the gap at the tank slightly then I will be able to use the whole seat comfortably without sitting right up but that would be the same issue with the original seat hth !!

Yah, there is another member who has a post on doing that. I should do it as well as I'd like to be an inch closer, or the bars an inch closer to me....

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yah, there is another member who has a post on doing that. I should do it as well as I'd like to be an inch closer, or the bars an inch closer to me....
I removed the black seat holder just to make sure there was no more adjustment which there wasn?t but plenty of room to elongate the slot so when it?s tucked up for winter I?ll take it to the local machine shop so they can lengthen the slot .
Myself trying to free hand it wouldnt end
well :-( !!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
How are you getting on with the clip ons is it a big stretch or not, thinking of going the quarter mile styling look but don't want to sacrifice comfort.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How are you getting on with the clip ons is it a big stretch or not, thinking of going the quarter mile styling look but don't want to sacrifice comfort.
I loved the look at first sight !!! then the sensible side kicked in and I thought Hmmm that doesn?t look too comfortable a position with the lower half of the body tending to be more upright
But Infact for me it really is comfy and I?m not over stretched or even stretched !!!
I?m 1m 87cm tall or for you real oldies 5ft10
My mini pot belly is nowhere near the tank either so no need for a tank protector :)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I opted for the quilted seat when I purchased the bike. I swapped it for the stock unit as a trial and kept it on, it's more "comfy".

Chico

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
I loved the look at first sight !!! then the sensible side kicked in and I thought Hmmm that doesn?t look too comfortable a position with the lower half of the body tending to be more upright
But Infact for me it really is comfy and I?m not over stretched or even stretched !!!
I?m 1m 87cm tall or for you real oldies 5ft10
My mini pot belly is nowhere near the tank either so no need for a tank protector :)
The test ride Bobber at the dealer is about to have clip ons installed. I saw it the other day (mostly assembled) and i must say it does look amazing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts