Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All I am awaiting delivery of my new Triumph Bobber Black in gloss paint It comes with decat and Vance and Hynes fitted and heated grips and upgraded brown quilted seat. I will make use of the heated grips as I am in Scotland but I scored the exhaust and seat upgrade for free from dealer in Nottingham.

I also have a 2017 BMW R1200 GS Adventure for longer trips that I bought last year to be honest its the ugliest bike I have ever owned but does 350 miles on a full tank of fuel and its like sitting on your couch and surprisingly nimble.

I sold a 2018 Yamaha MT10SP to buy the Bobber as MT was going to get me into trouble or kill me lol. I get the Bobber on 7th June so look forward to posting my thoughts once I have ridden it a while.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Folks who have never ridden an R 1200GS have no idea how nimble they are. I had two in a row before they just got too big for me. :frown2:

What part of Scotland are you in? I've been there twice in the last three years. My son took me for Scotch tours. What a beautiful part of the world! You have my two favorite things: (1) Great motorcycle roads and (2) Single Malt Scotch Whisky. Two things that are not to be enjoyed at the same time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum!

Folks who have never ridden an R 1200GS have no idea how nimble they are. I had two in a row before they just got too big for me. :frown2:

What part of Scotland are you in? I've been there twice in the last three years. My son took me for Scotch tours. What a beautiful part of the world! You have my two favorite things: (1) Great motorcycle roads and (2) Single Malt Scotch Whisky. Two things that are not to be enjoyed at the same time.
I live in a place called Sauchie about 10min from Stirling which is know as gateway to the highlands, 40 min from east coast and an hour from west coast and can be sitting in Glencoe Just over an hour from my house, only problem we have is not so good weather Although we have had weather the last week hotter than parts of Spain. The scenery and the people here make it a great place to live and we do have some of the best biking roads I've ever been on.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
305 Posts
Welcome to the forum pal. I'm just east of you in Dalgety Bay.

Great weather we've been having eh? (until the haar comes in from the Forth that is).

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I live in a place called Sauchie about 10min from Stirling which is know as gateway to the highlands, 40 min from east coast and an hour from west coast and can be sitting in Glencoe Just over an hour from my house, only problem we have is not so good weather Although we have had weather the last week hotter than parts of Spain. The scenery and the people here make it a great place to live and we do have some of the best biking roads I've ever been on.
I was at Doune Castle and Stirling Castle about this time last year. What a beautiful part of the country!

·
Premium Member
1,628 Posts
Welcome to the site. Looking forward to hearing what you think about your new bike. Any other changes in mind, or are you going to ride it with the decat and V&H pipes for awhile to see how it feels?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the forum pal. I'm just east of you in Dalgety Bay.

Great weather we've been having eh? (until the haar comes in from the Forth that is).
We have the haar today WTF give us a shout and we could meet up for a cuppa mate.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to the site. Looking forward to hearing what you think about your new bike. Any other changes in mind, or are you going to ride it with the decat and V&H pipes for awhile to see how it feels?
Just going to stick with Vance & Hynes US spec so I can remove baffles for now will do the decat once run in. Might do custom paint over the winter??

·
Registered
305 Posts
Just going to stick with Vance & Hynes US spec so I can remove baffles for now will do the decat once run in. Might do custom paint over the winter??
Baffles? I have the US spec V+H's on mine and I can't see any evidence of baffles. Not any that are removable at least.

Have I missed something?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Dealer informs me that US spec Vance & Hynes pipes have removable baffles.

I double checked that my Vances + Hines pipes were US spec (says so on the box anyway).

As far as I can see the pipes just go straight through from the end can to the pipe that connects to the cat.

Maybe there's been a redesign of the pipes since they first came out?

Any chance you could post some photos of the removable baffles and how you got them out? It'd be great to get a little more noise from mine!

·
Registered
459 Posts
0:) bienvenu 0:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dealer informs me that US spec Vance & Hynes pipes have removable baffles.

I double checked that my Vances + Hines pipes were US spec (says so on the box anyway).

As far as I can see the pipes just go straight through from the end can to the pipe that connects to the cat.

Maybe there's been a redesign of the pipes since they first came out?
Any chance you could post some photos of the removable baffles and how you got them out? It'd be great to get a little more noise from mine!

Seems a while back now since this was posted
though I have the US Spec V&H no baffles.
Do the DeCat you will have all the noise you want deep and growl y

1 - 19 of 19 Posts