Triumph Bobber Forum banner

New Owner - London

6K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  jerrman 
#1 ·
Hello all from a new member!

I've been hankering for the Bobber since it came out, and the Bobber Black when that was released. Still haven't seen many on the roads, although a colleague bought one a few weeks ago and there were a few at the Bikeshed Show last weekend. I had planned to look at a six month old one today and test rode one, which left me with a grin bigger than the Cheshire Cat. I've not had that much fun on a bike in years.

However, rather than the used one, the dealer (Carl Rosner Triumph of Croydon) sorted me out a great deal on a new one and it should be with me in the next two weeks or so. 2018 Bobber Black, with the gloss paint, Vance and Hines and the heated grips, makes me very happy!

Previously had a 2005 Daytona 650, which I sold to buy a car (worst decision ever!) and I normally ride a F700GS, with a little Honda PCX managing the commute.

So hello!

#9 ·
0:) bienvenu 0:)

#10 ·
If you are over 200lbs in kit then get a diff shock, ohlins, fox, think someone mentioned a WP or the matris if you value your spin and kidneys, commuting daily SE9 to westminster would not be practical without it

#22 ·
I have the Speedmaster (same width wheel as the Black) and it's very good. The only shimmy I've had was picking up a smooth steel manhole cover on my damp collection drive home.... potholes though are a bit "jarring" if you don't manage to avoid them

#23 ·
Hello all from a new member!

I've been hankering for the Bobber since it came out, and the Bobber Black when that was released. Still haven't seen many on the roads, although a colleague bought one a few weeks ago and there were a few at the Bikeshed Show last weekend....

So hello!
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you’re having fun and you don’t even have the bike yet :grin2:
I was at the Bike Shed Show a couple of weeks ago, too. Fantastic show and a beautiful setting.
I assume you also saw the “rusted “ Bobber displayed. Wild. The bikes there were really amazing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.