Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all from a new member!

I've been hankering for the Bobber since it came out, and the Bobber Black when that was released. Still haven't seen many on the roads, although a colleague bought one a few weeks ago and there were a few at the Bikeshed Show last weekend. I had planned to look at a six month old one today and test rode one, which left me with a grin bigger than the Cheshire Cat. I've not had that much fun on a bike in years.

However, rather than the used one, the dealer (Carl Rosner Triumph of Croydon) sorted me out a great deal on a new one and it should be with me in the next two weeks or so. 2018 Bobber Black, with the gloss paint, Vance and Hines and the heated grips, makes me very happy!

Previously had a 2005 Daytona 650, which I sold to buy a car (worst decision ever!) and I normally ride a F700GS, with a little Honda PCX managing the commute.

So hello!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Hello all from a new member!

I've been hankering for the Bobber since it came out, and the Bobber Black when that was released. Still haven't seen many on the roads, although a colleague bought one a few weeks ago and there were a few at the Bikeshed Show last weekend. I had planned to look at a six month old one today and test rode one, which left me with a grin bigger than the Cheshire Cat. I've not had that much fun on a bike in years.

However, rather than the used one, the dealer (Carl Rosner Triumph of Croydon) sorted me out a great deal on a new one and it should be with me in the next two weeks or so. 2018 Bobber Black, with the gloss paint, Vance and Hines and the heated grips, makes me very happy!

Previously had a 2005 Daytona 650, which I sold to buy a car (worst decision ever!) and I normally ride a F700GS, with a little Honda PCX managing the commute.

So hello!
Hello and welcome to the site... also may I say what a fine choice... although I might be a little bias! :grin2:

·
Registered
604 Posts
Wheeeee, another Londoner at last! welcome to the forum :)

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Welcome to the site! Sounds like you're starting out with a couple of nice mods. Any other changes coming soon or are you going to ride it as-is for awhile to decide on future mods.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’d like to change a few of the brushed steel/alu parts for the black ones later on, along with the shorter fender and side mount plate. Debating the Fox shock before I pick it up, but happy to use as is for the moment.

·
Registered
459 Posts
0:) bienvenu 0:)

·
Registered
604 Posts
If you are over 200lbs in kit then get a diff shock, ohlins, fox, think someone mentioned a WP or the matris if you value your spin and kidneys, commuting daily SE9 to westminster would not be practical without it

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Welcome DeeEff!!!

I'm well over 200lbs....grumble...and have not really had an issue with the stock suspension, although I am not road racing, canyon carving and I think in general the roads in Norther Va are decent.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Welcome DeeEff!!!

I'm well over 200lbs....grumble...and have not really had an issue with the stock suspension, although I am not road racing, canyon carving and I think in general the roads in Norther Va are decent.
I think there’s the answer... if the roads you are using are in good shape then the standard shock would be fine for most situations. Here in the U.K. the roads can be nothing short of shockingly bad I’m sorry to say! :(

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Fox shock ordered, so the bike should be with me around the 11th. Can’t wait!
It’s a shame in a way that you’ll not experience the standard shock in order to truly appreciate the difference between the two. None the less trust me your tail bone, spine and teeth will be all the better for your choice ;)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
To be honest, I prefer the look of the Black. I'm not overly concerned about a little bit extra of weight, as I'm used to far heavier bikes, and I could do with losing the weight myself, haha

1 - 20 of 23 Posts