Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I am the proud owner of a 2018 Ironstone. A couple of weeks ago, I happened to pull my T100 Black into my dealer's parking lot.

Struck up a conversation with the salesman and drove away upgraded to my new Bobber.
It was a left over, and where they were end of season and over stocked, a plan for the trade was arranged. :wink2:
I love the lines of these bikes as they remind me of the Triumph's of the '40's and '50's

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Welcome to the site and congratulations on your purchase! Looking forward to seeing what mods you choose to do.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Welcome to the forum NorEaster, i'm also from the New England area, great forum here, lot of great and very helpful members!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all!
I love the Ironstone color.
I need to get the paint codes so I can have the fenders and side panels done.
My T100 Black's gloss black tank was maddening to keep clean.
The Ironstone... easy, peasy

·
Registered
162 Posts
Welcome aboard! Very nice ride. I am in southern NH and getting sad its time to start thinking about putting it away
Nice! I grew up in Derry NH, but been in California for the last 20 years. I can’t even imagine having to go 6 months without riding.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I spent most of my summers in Windham and spent a couple of years in Derry, over by Pinkerton. Yeah, man - seasonal depression incoming, lol

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah... Winter comes too fast now. I hope to get one more ride in...
I put about 7K of miles on this summer on the Bonneville that I traded for the Bobber
Next summer will chock up the miles on the Bobber, will just need a few more stops for gas

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Sad day today.:crying: Cleaned and lubed the chain, waxed all the painted surfaces and put her away with her two sisters into hibernation for the cold winter months that will be here soon. I keep the tiger 800 in the garage on stand-by for the remaining days left for riding before the salt shakers coat the roads, then I wait for spring when the rains wash the roads from winter grime.
I do go to Florida for the month of February where I store my Fatboy for the purpose of riding the boring roads there but it's better than nothing.

Here are the three amigas waiting to go into the motorminium, that's what my wife calls it.

In for the duration.

Chico

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
Hi Chico,

Sorry to hear it's no riding for a while. Just keep posting here and those of us in more riding friendly climates will do our best to keep your spirits up.

You may remember I rode 8,200 feet up a Colorado mountain last year, the bike got snowed in and five months later (when we left) there was so much snow I still had to 'unceremoniously' trailer the old girl off the mountain, so I feel for you mate.

The pic of of last winter, I had the little area of concrete outside the garage to push her our for some fresh air and to let her run for a few minuets each week.

NEVER want to do that again.

Cheerio and keep your chin up old chap,

Roy

Attachments

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Thank you for the uplift Roy. Those of us who have to curtail riding during the winter months are used to the ritual. It's not easy not to be able to ride but when I look out the window the urge passes immediately.

Chico

1 - 19 of 19 Posts