Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Motones released some new short turnouts and they are popular, the U.S. distributer and their site sold out almost instantly. They are a shorter version of the straight turn outs .
Bicycle part Automotive exhaust Nickel Composite material Auto part

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They have also releases a new full 2-2 system that has no need for a X pipe as it incorporates a H style collector into the system. I'm glad to see it as the extra 200-300$ for collecter pipe always turned me away from buying one in the past so saving on that seems like an innovative way to pass savings along and make taking it off simpler if you decide to do a full wrap later.
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

Musical instrument Wind instrument Bicycle fork Bicycle part Gas

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Window

Wheel Tire Cloud Vehicle Sky

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
They have also releases a new full 2-2 system that has no need for a X pipe as it incorporates a H style collector into the system. I'm glad to see it as the extra 200-300$ for collecter pipe always turned me away from buying one in the past so saving on that seems like an innovative way to pass savings along and make taking it off simpler if you decide to do a full wrap later. View attachment 54861
View attachment 54862
View attachment 54860
View attachment 54858
View attachment 54859
They do look the bomb and I bet they sound awesome, but they're £899.99, which I guess is what you'd pay for slip-ons and an X-pipe but by time you pay postage and import tax to the States it's not going to be the cheapest option.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These have full straigh headers as well , flow is probably closer to a straight system with exhaust scavenging compared to something using a 5 piece system with 2 curved headers , an X pipe then two curved exit pipes. I like the sound of a straight system and would like to hear these in action for a comparison of straight and X pipe systems and see if they blend the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
40 Posts
They do look the bomb and I bet they sound awesome, but they're £899.99, which I guess is what you'd pay for slip-ons and an X-pipe but by time you pay postage and import tax to the States it's not going to be the cheapest option.
We can get this system delivered to door to the East Coast using UPS for under 40 USD no additional charges to pay

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yeah full systems are not cheap... But even the cheapest exhaust the Delkevic runs 440-660 and is almost as big as stock. Not to metion it doesn't even have the capability to attach am x-pipe for exhaust scavanging and gains which if it could would be an extra 200$ . Doesn't really make sense to me . The closest in appearance and quality is the zard 2-2 and that runs $1350 just for end cans and no x-pipe from Italy. 450$ cheaper with no x-pipe, because of a built in H-pipe and headers seems like the clear winner from the bunch.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice custom paint job on the tank. The airbox delete and full fender delete for a fatter rear tire make for a minimalistic design. The Thorton hundred seat post with duel function lights really ties it together.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I really like that the pipes angle down and back the way they do, which leaves plenty of room to install forward controls for those of us that are into that. If I didn't already have Delkevics installed, I'd be taking a long hard look at these. Are there removable baffles in these?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I really like that the pipes angle down and back the way they do, which leaves plenty of room to install forward controls for those of us that are into that. If I didn't already have Delkevics installed, I'd be taking a long hard look at these. Are there removable baffles in these?
Theres a perforated tube with some stainless wool which provides for -some- sound absorption

We plan to make some drop in dB killers in the future

First batch all gone

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I really liked the value of the mayhem turnouts , even if you left the cat I'm place I'm sure they would sound great. If I don't get the H-Bomb system I'll pick up a set of those for looks and value.

·
Registered
Bobber Black (2018)
13 Posts
I really liked the value of the mayhem turnouts , even if you left the cat I'm place I'm sure they would sound great. If I don't get the H-Bomb system I'll pick up a set of those for looks and value.
The do sound nice even with the cat, neighbour friendly but deep and aggressive when opened up.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice to know, I was going to wait for they Mayem to get back in stock but will probably get some H-bomb pipes instead. Wonder what my cat will go for as scrap. I know car and trucks can for over 200 so maybe 100? Anyone scrap a cat on the forum?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Probably close to 100 , but they will ask for an ID or sometimes proof of ownership for the vehicle. They get stolen alot in some states. But yeah selling the cat will always help with recoup from a exhaust purcahse

1 - 19 of 19 Posts