Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I recently completed my first modifications (see YouTube link). One of the first items to go was the rear fender setup. I purchased a rear fender eliminator kit from New Rage Cyles and modified it to the bottom of the seat. The idea came from a post i saw from Tampa Triumph. The original seat pan had to be replaced with a new black one. The short rear fender was chopped to eliminate existing mounting brackets. Additional modifications include: short front fender, new rage cycles front turn signals, black headlight trim, side license plate bracket, Triumph diamond stiched leather seat, A&J Cycles oil cap temperature gauge,USB cell phone charger, Ram cell phone mount and side left bag (not installed yet).

I have enjoyed viewing your posts nightly and gathering ideas for my bike. Thanks for the inspiration!!! This is my first bike and what a good first bike it is.

Some of my future mods include the air box eliminator, flyscreen for longer trips, LED headlight, louder pipes and a new paint scheme.

Regards,

Rob

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mate, your bike looks awesome!
Thanks for posting a video. I was curious to see if those front signals were bright enough! They seem more than good to me.
I suppose the rear lights came with the rear fender eliminator kit?
Do you mind sending a photo of the rear lights show some more details?
Very good job!

·
Premium Member
1,721 Posts
Love the changes so far! Looks really clean. I too am anxious to see what the close-up view of the seat/rear lights looks like.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Looks and sounds great. Those reversed mirrors look like they get awful close to the tank when turning?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks........the light kit is from New Rage Cycles and it’s a Triumph Street Twin Fender eliminator kit. Plug and play! The light bracket is screwed into the seat pan and the wire is run between the seat and pan. One of the photos shows the wire coming out of the seat and under the tank.

I included a photo showing the USB port that will be used to power up my cell phone (when needed for navigation).

The seat is comfortable and looks much better than the stock seat.

There is a surprising amount of space between the mirrors and tank (no issues).

Hope the pictures help.

Attachments

·
Registered
553 Posts
mirrors

Looks and sounds great. Those reversed mirrors look like they get awful close to the tank when turning?
Just a quicky on the mirrors, this was the first thing I did even before leaving the dealer. There is loads of space and they give great visibility.
2 things:
1. When viewing the mirrors you must dip your head, this causes the wind to rush down your neck, you will need some protection.
2. I have on many occasions knocked the mirrors with my knees when parking or manouvering without the engine running.
Just small things, try it and see.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Front Turn Signals

Love the look!

How did you mount the front turn signals so that the compression of the forks doesn't displace/disrupt them when you hit the brakes?

Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts