Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bit of fun here chaps..:smile2:

I was on my Bobber all day yesterday. Had a great time but on those long desert roads I got to thinking about Triumphs eagerly anticipated Bobber TFC launch and wondered what Triumph would do after all the TRC's are done.

Are you listening Triumph?

I was thinking they could do a whole family of bikes based on the Bobber:

The Bobber 'Chopper' - using the 2017 bike as a base but with higher bars and a fat rear wheel with short fender.

The Bobber 'Cafe' - clip-ons with a Thruxton motor (how cool would that be) and upgraded suspension.

The Bobber 'Classic Tourer' - Speedy tank, heavy duty rear mudguard with rack & panniers.

The Bobber 'Family' - A throw-back to the old days with Watsonian sidecar attached...:smile2:

What model would you like to see added to the 'Bobber Family'?

Cheerio,

Roy

P.s. If you're going to steal this great idea Triumph then at least throw me a new bike...:grin2:

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
quite frankly I would just like to see Triumph stock their dealerships with goodies the same as H-D do...instead of having to order on-line
I agree 100%. However, a lot of dealers don't want to carry a lot of accessory inventory. It's money that they have to pay out and the accessories might not get sold.

That said, the parts manager at the dealership that I go to can get parts fairly quickly but it would be fun to pick up stuff on a whim.

A sidecar model would be fantastic! I would order one tomorrow if it were available.

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
Oh my eyes! SIDECARS... Next you'll be talking about a Bobber quad bike! Putting a chair on a decent bike and ruining it's handling... Love the sprung hub look of the Blackbird, but having ridden a SH 500 40 odd years ago, all I can say is my a*se is grateful for technology development...:grin2::grin2::grin2:

·
Premium Member
1,628 Posts
I wouldn't want a sidecar for my Bobber, but I'd be interested in a sidecar that could be attached to a T120 or SpeedTwin...maybe even a Speedmaster. If only my numbers would hit for the lottery!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Bobber with a sidecar is already available.
Never had any thoughts on ever having any bike/sidecar combination, but when I saw this I must admit I thought it looks so cool!!!
That looks great . . . but it is on the wrong side for those of us who are in the US. :frown2:

I can't understand why BMW or Triumph don't sell a sidecar rig. They both built hacks back in the 40's.

I have thought several times about getting a Ural but they are so industrial.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Bobber with a sidecar is already available.
Never had any thoughts on ever having any bike/sidecar combination, but when I saw this I must admit I thought it looks so cool!!!
Looks better than I expected but I don’t think I’ve ever mounted a bike from the right side before.

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,628 Posts
The front in the first pic looks to me like an upside down canoe. I agree that it's a beautiful sidecar, but to me it would be like putting a truck topper on the trunk (boot, for the Brits) of a sports car. It might add a bit to the functionality/versatility of the vehicle, but it negates all of the sportiness that the vehicle was built for.

·
Registered
59 Posts
That looks great . . . but it is on the wrong side for those of us who are in the US. :frown2:

I can't understand why BMW or Triumph don't sell a sidecar rig. They both built hacks back in the 40's.

I have thought several times about getting a Ural but they are so industrial.

A quick check of Watsonian sidecar site shows that they have distributors in US as well as mainland Europe and Far East so I guess they must make them to fit either side of the bike!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Looks better than I expected but I don’t think I’ve ever mounted a bike from the right side before.
Watsonian sidecar site shows distributors in US, mainland Europe and Far East so they must make them to fit either side.

We may drive on the left but I've never got on a bike from the right side either!!!:wink2::laugh:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts