Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Chaps,

Forgive the poor photographs, it's really bright/sunny out so will take better later this evening.

My stock 'bar-end' mirrors (offering for sale shortly) were okay but I must confess the look of mirrors fitted in this location is not to my personal taste. Also they stick out too much for me and I kept catching them on the wall as I pulled my bike around the back.

Well I ordered a set of the teardrop Triumph examples. These I believe are an option on the Speedmaster. These are now fitted on the bike and I'm pleased as they are set back an inch or so from the end of the bars.

Note; although the holes are present on the switch control housing, they are not tapped for these mirror fittings that come with. This is no problem as a couple of washers and appropriate bolt does the trick.

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks D,

Yes I like them too and as mentioned they still give great vision but without sticking out beyond the bar end.

Just pop out the plastic caps and fit and nice M8 Allen bolt with a couple of washers, works fine.

Will update with some nicer pics later this evening.

Give Nicole a call and tell her you want the same ones as me.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
509 Posts
Roy , I like them. How is the view at speed? Like sane driving speed. Clear? I want some regular mirrors for the Crow , but not something that sticks out and detracts from the overall bike. Care to share?

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi BB,

Let me get back to you on that. Just fitted them today but have not been out yet as the wife is a little under the weather so didn't want to leave her. Looks like I'm heading out to the farmers market tomorrow though, so that will be a nice ride and I will report back.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Hello Roy:

I did the same using different mirrors. What troubles me is the space left at the ends of the grips where the stock units used to be. I need to come up with some creative idea, anyone?

Chico

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
The engine....:wink2:

Cheerio,

Roy
I think you'll find this is actually a Speedmaster engine.... :grin2: You should have bought a Black Speedy, and taken the pillion seat off... Would have been cheaper :grin2::grin2:>:)

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello Roy:

I did the same using different mirrors. What troubles me is the space left at the ends of the grips where the stock units used to be. I need to come up with some creative idea, anyone?

Chico
Hi Chico,

Yes I had thought the same too. Something to give thought to down the road.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think you'll find this is actually a Speedmaster engine.... :grin2: You should have bought a Black Speedy, and taken the pillion seat off... Would have been cheaper :grin2::grin2:>:)
Hi Larry,

Well it was a close call but not knowing if/when I could afford any upgrades the Bobber with that hugging rear fender and single seat was as close to what I wanted in a stock bike as I could get, so I sprung for that and haven't regretted it for one minuet.

That said, I'm really enjoying making it my own and to my surprise it is starting to look a little like a hybrid between to two bike, a SpeedBobber if you will. But I have no problem at all with that as 'both' are really beautiful looking bikes in my view.

Watch this space as I have another little upgrade in the pipeline..:grin2:

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
Hi Larry,

Well it was a close call but not knowing if/when I could afford any upgrades the Bobber with that hugging rear fender and single seat was as close to what I wanted in a stock bike as I could get, so I sprung for that and haven't regretted it for one minuet.

That said, I'm really enjoying making it my own and to my surprise it is starting to look a little like a hybrid between to two bike, a SpeedBobber if you will. But I have no problem at all with that as 'both' are really beautiful looking bikes in my view.

Watch this space as I have another little upgrade in the pipeline..:grin2:

Cheerio,

Roy
But... To quote a famous Stanley Holloway monologue ref the seat...

"Brahn boots, I ask yer!" It's on the web...:grin2::grin2:>:):grin2::grin2:

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Woke up to rain today,

So my planed ride to the farmers market got dropped. But some better photos of how the mirrors look. Once I can get out will report back on how they work at speed.

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Roy , I like them. How is the view at speed? Like sane driving speed. Clear? I want some regular mirrors for the Crow , but not something that sticks out and detracts from the overall bike. Care to share?
Hi BB,

Back from my first short ride with these on and I'm really pleased. A really solid design with minimal distortion at speed, hardly noticeable. You get that slight loss of clarity when you role on the throttle but that's understandable.

I have never thought mirrors 'add' anything to a bike, more practical/safety than anything but for what they are I'm liking these. They don't stick out so feel/look a little cleaner and with my high bars offer great rear vision too, so they did everything I wanted them to do.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hello Roy:

Chico
From Australia, there are reasonably cheap Triumph specific bar end finishers for use after one removes the bar end mirrors. https://www.jcsmotorcycles.com.au/HANDLEBAR-ENDS
JCS are Triumph distributors down here.....https://www.jcsmotorcycles.com.au/HANDLEBAR-ENDS/triumph-genuine-parts-bar-end-finnisher-black--triumph-motorcycle-a9630367

·
Registered
238 Posts
Roy.

I trawled Google and came up with Triumph part #'s A9630367, A9630434, A9630431. These are not the small end-caps and they come in three shades. grey, black & silver. Should be able to order from your local dealer.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
From Australia, there are reasonably cheap Triumph specific bar end finishers for use after one removes the bar end mirrors. https://www.jcsmotorcycles.com.au/HANDLEBAR-ENDS
JCS are Triumph distributors down here.....https://www.jcsmotorcycles.com.au/HANDLEBAR-ENDS/triumph-genuine-parts-bar-end-finnisher-black--triumph-motorcycle-a9630367
Went to the dealer today, Friday, they had the bar-ends in black in stock. They look very neat and clean. $20.00 US each.

Chico

1 - 20 of 24 Posts