Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd join this forum since I'm fixing to complete the sale on a red bobber next week. Anxious to read and contribute about the bobber.

On my day off on Tuesday, I rode my 2014 T-100 to the local Triumph dealer in Dallas, Texas (RPM Cycle) merely to get a replacement rear tire. While waiting for the tire to get mounted, I test-rode the black bobber on the floor. Being only 5'4", it was a weird position, but at least my feet were firmly on the deck, and the balance and power appealed to me. The braking felt squishy, but was told that it just needs breaking in (we'll see). In the main, I thoroughly enjoyed the test ride, which clinched my decision to buy it.

Bikes in the present:
2014 T-100
2016 HD Ultra-Low

Bikes in the past
2016 HD Deluxe
2012 T-100
2010 HD Deluxe
2010 Triumph T-Bird
1974 HD Superglide engine chopped into a 1956 hardtail frame
1974 HD Superglide
1975 HD Sportster
1971 Bonneville

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Welcome!
The brakes don´t bed in. WE get used to them :wink2:
But its really a non-issue.

Let us know when you complete.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's true and welcome, nice selection of machines there.
Thanks on your comment.

With regard to brakes, it's funny: After buying a HD Road King (which I forgot to list), I test-road the bike and brought it right back to the dealership complaining that the brakes seem squishy. The mech who validated the Road King got back saying that the brakes were good. He then asked me what I was previously riding, so I told him the 2010 T-Bird. He told me that if I expected the stopping power of a T-Bird on a Road King, that just wasn't going to happen. Get use to it.

Sounds like, from you and others, that it's the same thing with the Bobber. Knowing what to expect is helpful.

Reactions: Skintrade01

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello and welcome. I bought my bobber at the same dealer (RPM) in Dallas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This will have been my 4th Triumph. The dealership is fair and well-run, mainly due to the hands-on management of their GM, Boris.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts