Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just your everyday new member, stumbled in to a dealer that sold triumph saw the new Bobber Black spent 4 months thinking about the Bobber black and finally bought it. It is nice to have a bike lite and agile, coming from a H-D Roadglide this thing feels like a scooter. After finally getting 500 miles around town and having the first service done I rode it up to Daytona bike week. 200 miles 3 fuel stops, not as comfy as the Roadglide but still fun.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Had similar experience come from from HD to Triumph. Have loved every minute of the change. Welcome to the forum and congrats.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is as it left the dealer I have since added the dreaded Hepco rear rack as well as changed the tank out for the dark flat green one. I like the look but had I known the compatibility I would have gone with the speed master (?) The extra fuel would be nice

Attachments

·
Registered
689 Posts
Congrats! I just recently bought a BB and joined as well. Same observations as you... light and agile but bigger tank and comfort would have been nice out the door. However the beauty is that these are simple fixes. I installed the Speedmaster tank, a Fox shock, and a custom seat. Now I really don’t have anything to complain about.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Wow! It's impressive that such a small rack could hold a bag that big. How much weight do you think the rack was actually holding? I'm planning on picking up this rack in the next month or 2, so it's reassuring to know that I won't have to worry about overloading it since my bag is about half the size of yours.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum.

Just in case you haven’t yet discovered...for the first 2000 miles I would fill the bike up with fuel each and every time the fuel light came on, circa 75 miles.

This become pretty boring and like most other owners, I thought it was a real short coming. I then read here and there of people managing 110 miles per tank, then a couple hitting 130 miles per tank.

I decided to increase my range a little to see just how many miles I can squeeze out of a tank... my record to date being 142 miles. I regularly cover 130 per tank and always start to think, (petrol station) at the 120 mark.

I thought it worth a mention as it’s a massively big difference compared to when the fuel light comes on :wink2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ysoslo, it's pretty close to the 25lbs mark bike (and rack) did not mind at all. It was a little challenging to find a place to secure the bag too but it worked very well for me.

Mike, yes the small tank was one of the details I went around and around with before buying it. Although I am never one to fill up just because of a light. This trip doing all highway and about 80mph the entire tank i pushed it a little too close for me I got 97 miles on the odometer and put 2.45 gals in the tank. I added the "x-pipe " just before the trip not sure exactly what it did to my milage but before that running some back roads I was able to push over the 100 mile mark and put less than 2 gals in the tank (running less than 80 mph and no luggage) still too early for me to make a guess on what my mileage will actually be.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.
I also have a BB and have fitted the Fox Shock and Corbin seat. Transformed the comfort level.

I’ve never owned a Harley but I have a Triumph Tiger XCA. When I ride on that and the; get on the Bobber it’s like gett8ngbon a child’s bike initially. Out of the 2 the Bobber is my favorite.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Harley is nice on longer distances (500 miles on the bobber last week was rough, 500 on the harley is before lunch) but the bobber is great getting around town. In Daytona the bobber really was perfect. I am thinking about a new shock but I'm not so sure about a new seat. I have had bad luck with Seats, I bought 2 for another bike and ended up just using the original because it rode the best for me. Hate p lil loutting the money down with out knowing for sure I will like the new seat.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts