Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just wanted to say hello to you all. After reading various posts on this forum, I have gone ahead and bought a new Bobber. I'm awaiting delivery to the dealership in the next 7 days, and genuinely can't wait to get out there on her!

Thanks to everyone's help so far!

Cheers,
Ben.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks chaps, I'll get some pictures posted up when I've collected her!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Welcome to the nuthouse :)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Hi Ben and welcome...

I’ve just replied to your ACF-50 post. Didn’t realise that you are from the U.K. so given our salty roads in the winter month’s, ACF-50 is essential if you plan to ride it at this time of year and you don’t want your engine cases, spokes on the wheels, head cooling fins, bolts and anything else on the bike not turning bad.

Where in the U.K. are you?

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Welcome aboard, Ben. Tell us more! What color did you decide on? Any accessories or mods planned? Is this your first bike, or just the newest one in the garage?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Ben and welcome...

I’ve just replied to your ACF-50 post. Didn’t realise that you are from the U.K. so given our salty roads in the winter month’s, ACF-50 is essential if you plan to ride it at this time of year and you don’t want your engine cases, spokes on the wheels, head cooling fins, bolts and anything else on the bike not turning bad.

Where in the U.K. are you?
Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely invest in some ACF-50! I'm in Boston, Lincolnshire, so a bit of a trek from Kent, but I come down that way fairly frequently, so perhaps we can organise something in the summer? I know a few Bobber owners up this way who'd love an excuse for a weekend away!

Cheers,
Ben.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome aboard, Ben. Tell us more! What color did you decide on? Any accessories or mods planned? Is this your first bike, or just the newest one in the garage?
Hi ysolo,

I went for the Khaki Green as I love that colour on my friend's Street Scrambler. Had to wait for it because there's only one available in the company at present.

It's the latest addition to my garage really. Started out on 125s when I was younger, then moved on to a Fireblade, but opted for something more sensible now. It's the only modern bike that I own now, the others are classic WWII Army bikes. I have a 1942 H-D WLA and a Cushman 53 Airborne, here are some pics:

Thanks,
Ben.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely invest in some ACF-50! I'm in Boston, Lincolnshire, so a bit of a trek from Kent, but I come down that way fairly frequently, so perhaps we can organise something in the summer? I know a few Bobber owners up this way who'd love an excuse for a weekend away!

Cheers,
Ben.
Sounds like a strong plan... come the time give me the nod ;)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi ysolo,

I went for the Khaki Green as I love that colour on my friend's Street Scrambler. Had to wait for it because there's only one available in the company at present.

It's the latest addition to my garage really. Started out on 125s when I was younger, then moved on to a Fireblade, but opted for something more sensible now. It's the only modern bike that I own now, the others are classic WWII Army bikes. I have a 1942 H-D WLA and a Cushman 53 Airborne, here are some pics:

Thanks,
Ben.
Welcome, looks like even some olive drab in the background......

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Hi ysolo,

Thanks,
Ben.
Not sure if you're aware or not, but I had mine custom painted Khaki Matte Green before I took delivery last Spring. I was a little sad to hear that they came out with the same color for 2019, but I think mine looks different enough that I'll be alright. Is the Khaki Green on the new bikes a matte or gloss?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, all I know is that the cost of the Khaki Green has dropped by at least 50% on last year, so I assume that'll be the new 2019 pricing. It's a matt finish.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts